GTA is about violence and vehicles

#11applejak412Posted 1/28/2013 2:56:16 PM
And people forget - What would Vice City be without vercetti? What would Ocarina of Time be without Link? A lot shallower and a lot less memorable.
#12Devilanse333Posted 1/28/2013 2:56:54 PM
COD is a disgrace of a game and it is killing the game industry for the rest of us who like games with a bit of complexity and depth to them. Anyone who likes COD is basically a game murderer.

A game murderer? Hehe...thats rich. And what would you call a person who thinks his opinion is the only one that matters? My word is delusional. There's others too....foolish, moronic...

GTA is only about violence and vehicles? Thats a narrow view to have.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: DevilAnse33v2
PSN: DevilAnse33
#13applejak412Posted 1/28/2013 3:11:05 PM
i think we should talk about what GTA is NOT about. I'll start:

GTA is NOT about purple-haired hulks wearing six gold chains killing hordes of people with a sextoy-gun.
#14puffinslaughterPosted 1/28/2013 4:57:24 PM
From: whiteboygene | Posted: 1/28/2013 12:29:20 PM | #001
Not customization, changing your clothes, flying planes and jetpacks, dying your hair green, getting really fat/muscular, and following the damn train CJ.

GTA IV is the first of it's generation, it can only be fairly compared to GTA III. Have fun with that, kiddos.

Yes, thank you gene. The main focus should be the story and characters. All the other stuff comes after that. Glad to see someone shares my opinion.

COD is a disgrace of a game and it is killing the game industry for the rest of us who like games with a bit of complexity and depth to them. Anyone who likes COD is basically a game murderer.

Lol, so because I enjoy playing CoD, I'm killing the game industry? No. CoD isn't very deep or complex, but it's fun to play online. Sometimes I don't feel like thinking when I play.
---
Kris Letang stat tracker ~ 1 Goal, 3 Assists, -1
http://i49.tinypic.com/20l12ld.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#15whiteboygene(Topic Creator)Posted 1/28/2013 9:57:30 PM
puffinslaughter posted...
Yes, thank you gene. The main focus should be the story and characters. All the other stuff comes after that. Glad to see someone shares my opinion.

We must maintain the sanity in this place of idiotic claims and tales of madness, or we shall be swallowed in a sea of stupidity.

So can we who are permitted to speak all agree that story + violence and vehicle gameplay are the most important aspects of GTA? I'd say strong character development and relationships are part of the story component.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 14
#16Frumpy88Posted 1/28/2013 11:48:58 PM
I like customizing things. Mainly cars. That part was great in SA. customizing ur character isn't important to me but I like options. Its nice to make ur game unique to ur style.
---
B BAKD
#17ShELbY_GT500Posted 1/28/2013 11:54:11 PM
whiteboygene posted...
puffinslaughter posted...

We must maintain the sanity in this place of idiotic claims and tales of madness, or we shall be swallowed in a sea of stupidity.

So can we who are permitted to speak all agree that story + violence and vehicle gameplay are the most important aspects of GTA? I'd say strong character development and relationships are part of the story component.

Id say customisation is a big part of the vehicle gameplay which like you said is a very important aspect of GTA. Also bringing back the licences would add value to game play and again is also apart of the vehicle gameplay which is like you said, a very important aspect of GTA.
---
Mess with the bull?...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcxb98pROb1r6r2k3o1_250.jpg
#18puffinslaughterPosted 1/29/2013 4:59:40 AM
Id say customisation is a big part of the vehicle gameplay which like you said is a very important aspect of GTA. Also bringing back the licences would add value to game play and again is also apart of the vehicle gameplay which is like you said, a very important aspect of GTA

No licenses means less value for game play...wow

Stop talking.
---
Kris Letang stat tracker ~ 1 Goal, 3 Assists, -1
http://i49.tinypic.com/20l12ld.png ~grape_purple ^_^