Why do so many people hate on SA?

#11art_of_the_killPosted 1/28/2013 8:13:13 PM
nativengine posted...
I felt Rockstar gave up taking GTA serious, as a direct result we now have Saints Row.

*facepalm*

For the fiftieth time: When was the GTA series EVER meant to be serious, realistic or believable????????

How the hell is SA any less serious than GTA3, in which the city was pretty much a dystopia? Also, what exactly is wrong with Saints Row?
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#12KillerSlawPosted 1/28/2013 8:26:17 PM
There was nothing wrong with San Andreas, but I find it strange that everyone suddenly loved the side missions after GTAIV came out, but hated them at the release of the last gen games.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/359bpg1.png http://i.imgur.com/VXqqs.gif
#13shadothug(Topic Creator)Posted 1/29/2013 1:26:23 AM
art_of_the_kill posted...
nativengine posted...
I felt Rockstar gave up taking GTA serious, as a direct result we now have Saints Row.

*facepalm*

For the fiftieth time: When was the GTA series EVER meant to be serious, realistic or believable????????

How the hell is SA any less serious than GTA3, in which the city was pretty much a dystopia? Also, what exactly is wrong with Saints Row?

Ya Saints Row is a pritty fun game not better than SA though GTA is gonna ne EPIC though
---
GT: Assassins RioT
Playing: Black Ops 2 Zombies and Multiplayer
#14nativenginePosted 1/29/2013 6:13:26 AM
nativengine posted...

*facepalm*

Um since GTA3, you know, when we got a 3D open world as our playground where we could do just about anything we wanted, no more fart button or cars with guns. Look at GTA3 's story, pretty serious with humor spread throughout. How is SA less serious then 3? Idk maybe it has something to do with gimp suits, sex toy weapon, a jetpack, oG Loc, colored Afros, clown costumes ect. If you honestly think that GTA hasn't been about realism then you are truly selling GTA short. Their stories have always had a serious message underneath, which seems lost on you. So because the games poke fun at American culture=not serious? I also never said there was anything wrong with Saints Row, just a little juvenile for my taste.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#15Dave_GahanPosted 1/29/2013 2:02:15 PM
nativengine posted...
nativengine posted...

*facepalm*

Um since GTA3, you know, when we got a 3D open world as our playground where we could do just about anything we wanted, no more fart button or cars with guns. Look at GTA3 's story, pretty serious with humor spread throughout. How is SA less serious then 3? Idk maybe it has something to do with gimp suits, sex toy weapon, a jetpack, oG Loc, colored Afros, clown costumes ect. If you honestly think that GTA hasn't been about realism then you are truly selling GTA short. Their stories have always had a serious message underneath, which seems lost on you. So because the games poke fun at American culture=not serious? I also never said there was anything wrong with Saints Row, just a little juvenile for my taste.

You're freaking right bro. Gimp suits, sex toys, and colored hair don't exist in real life!

LOL HOW UNREALISTIC
---
2012 AFC SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
HOUSTON TEXANS: (12-4)
#16nativenginePosted 1/29/2013 2:49:27 PM
Dave_Gahan posted...
nativengine posted...
nativengine posted...

*facepalm*

You're freaking right bro. Gimp suits, sex toys, and colored hair don't exist in real life!

LOL HOW UNREALISTIC

Did I say unrealistic? No sir. I did however say it's taken less serious though, not the same thing as unrealistic. I'd expect a SA fan to put words in my mouth.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#17Pr3dat0r23Posted 1/29/2013 3:59:46 PM
SA > Any other GTA

GTA IV was quite boring.
---
its only a matter of time before a cop runs over a bunch of pedestrians and unloads a hundred rounds
into a suspect then blames his actions on playing GTA.
#18CruorComaPosted 1/29/2013 4:43:19 PM(edited)
I don't hate on SA. I hate on individuals who can't accept that there's a decent chunk of people who preferred IV, as though it's somehow imperative that the GTA community has a singular hive mind.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#19enterthemadroxPosted 1/29/2013 4:30:40 PM
cordsman posted...
People don't hate SA, people hate the fact that everyone regards it as the better game (as apposed to GTA IV) because of nostalgia.

Nope.

I think both SA and IV are as boring and uninspiring as each other. Never had fun with either game and therefore, they werw a total chore to play, which makes for a horrible gaming experience.

It's like The Godfather, I saw it purely because it was considered a classic but I just couldn't get through it. I don't have a problem with long movies or character driven stuff but when the presentation is boring, my mind switches off. That's the feeling I had with SA and IV.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#20puffinslaughterPosted 1/29/2013 4:32:10 PM
I don't hate on SA. I hate on individuals who can't except that there's a decent chunk of people who preferred IV, as though it's somehow imperative that the GTA community has a singular hive mind.

Individuals like creep, Maleek, art_of_the_kill. Shelby is getting there, too.
---
Kris Letang stat tracker ~ 1 Goal, 3 Assists, -1 Pittsburgh Penguins: 3-2
http://i49.tinypic.com/20l12ld.png ~grape_purple ^_^