m for mature

#11paint87(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 12:05:57 PM
Famished_Corpse posted...
While age should certainly be a factor in the decision by a parent of whether or not a specific video game is appropriate for their child , the child's overall character and sense of morals should be taken into account as well (though, obviously, some ages are just too young no matter how understanding their moral fiber seems to be).

What may be perfectly reasonable for one teenager, is not necessarily appropriate for another of the same age.

A teens morals will vary by parent(s). People dont just flower. They need water and sunlight. A child raised by wolfs will bark and lick their self.
A child raised on a farm with no outside contact will most likly milk cows and cut fields
---
PSN - whoonga_dagga
http://freebord.extole.com/a/clk/1mDRZv
#12paint87(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2013 12:13:15 PM
Maximillian37 posted...
I'm confused as to what you're asking. "Will you buy GTA V for you are children?" Are you accusing people of being children, then saying that because they are children, that they will be buying GTA V?

Just you. This post was very childish
---
PSN - whoonga_dagga
http://freebord.extole.com/a/clk/1mDRZv
#13mfv12979Posted 1/30/2013 3:13:48 PM
there is no such thing as M for mature games. Because parents will get it for their kids anyways. And then complain later of how violent it is, how it has sex, profanity, and what not.
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#14tzar_666Posted 1/30/2013 3:47:33 PM
n/a
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#15Famished_CorpsePosted 2/1/2013 9:29:33 AM
paint87 posted...
Famished_Corpse posted...
While age should certainly be a factor in the decision by a parent of whether or not a specific video game is appropriate for their child , the child's overall character and sense of morals should be taken into account as well (though, obviously, some ages are just too young no matter how understanding their moral fiber seems to be).

What may be perfectly reasonable for one teenager, is not necessarily appropriate for another of the same age.

A teens morals will vary by parent(s). People dont just flower. They need water and sunlight. A child raised by wolfs will bark and lick their self.
A child raised on a farm with no outside contact will most likly milk cows and cut fields

Not entirely true...I've experienced families who have very loving and caring parents, with children that are utter brats.
---
Darkness unfolds upon the earth, Each day another loss -
Hunted each and everyone, All the bodies left to rot in the sun
#16Ilikemyname420Posted 2/1/2013 9:41:22 AM
Uhhhh....Does playing the game with my balls count?
#17Krow_IncarnatePosted 2/1/2013 9:50:53 AM
13 and up, yes.
---
My username's complicated and I know that. Pretty long story. Just feel free to call me "Kr0w" or "Krow" if you need to address me.
#18zack12369Posted 2/1/2013 9:59:45 AM
My child is still swimming in the pool of millions if you know what i mean. Does that count?
---
gt : z a c k t k.
<insert witty sig here>
#19Raiders757Posted 2/1/2013 10:21:36 AM
No. My daughter is 18 and can go out and buy her own copy if she wants it bad enough. That said, having raised a child, one is a failure of a parent if they buy for it any child under the age of thirteen.

After that, it's still no. A good parent should make their child earn the things they want in life. I'm just not going to go out and buy it for them because they want it. Work for it, or your not getting it. It's that simple. If your not mature enough to earn it, your not mature enough to play it.
#20joelanator0492Posted 2/1/2013 10:48:08 AM
I don't have any kids and am not married, yet. (I'm only 20)
However, I often think about what I'm going to be like as a father and as a husband. Because of this, I do a lot of watching of other fathers. Mentally taking notes on things they do well and things that they don't. It's the same process I did when growing up as a son. I watched what my 2 older brothers did well and didn't do well. In that, I feel like i've grown as a mature son and soon to be husband.

So, I haven't had to deal with this issue, yet. I have thought about it though. I'll buy my kids games that are rated EC all the way up to T rated games (maturity level appropriate obviously). I won't buy my children M rated games even when they become of age. They will have their own job by then and will be able to work their own finances. They'll be learning consumerism and the awful lesson of buyers remorse. They will not play my M rated games until I believe they are mature enough for them and are mature enough not to play them around their younger siblings.

I'll probably handle this situation much like I would with movies. Maturity Level appropriate