Release day for GTA V 9-17-2013

#11Sword_of_DuskPosted 1/31/2013 8:29:13 AM
Really glad I didn't preorder yet. I'd be so sad. As it stands now, it sucks but at least it gives me time to experience some other games beforehand. I'll probably give Bioshock a try.
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#12joelanator0492Posted 1/31/2013 8:29:34 AM
If you heard a loud thud, it was probably just my head hitting the desk.

I'm ok with taking a bit extra time to polish up games. But the thing that sucks now, is that I'll be back in school when this comes out. I won't be able to play this over the summer :(
#13IiXxCodMw3xXiIPosted 1/31/2013 8:29:47 AM
Lets make a new country the said, lets call it america they said.....
#14nativenginePosted 1/31/2013 8:30:56 AM
Goddammit.

"Dear all,

Today, we have an official release date to share with you: Grand Theft Auto V will arrive in stores on September 17, 2013.

We know this is about four months later than originally planned and we know that this short delay will come as a disappointment to many of you, but, trust us, it will be worth the extra time. GTAV is a massively ambitious and complex game and it simply needs a little more polish to be of the standard we and, more importantly, you require.

To all Grand Theft Auto fans, please accept our apologies for the delay, and our promise that the entire team here is working very hard to make the game all it can be. We are doing all we can to help ensure it will meet if not exceed your expectations come September we thank you for your support and patience."

Well isnt this a huge disappointment. This makes me a sad panda
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#15cordsmanPosted 1/31/2013 8:33:55 AM
Yeah very disappointed. Very disappointed. But now Rockstar really has to come with the big guns. This game has to live up to every expectation.
---
"A man chooses... a slave obeys. Kill!" - Andrew Ryan
PSN: BigDaddyFatso
#16nativenginePosted 1/31/2013 8:33:59 AM
joelanator0492 posted...
If you heard a loud thud, it was probably just my head hitting the desk.

I'm ok with taking a bit extra time to polish up games. But the thing that sucks now, is that I'll be back in school when this comes out. I won't be able to play this over the summer :(

That loud thud could've also been my jaw.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#17joelanator0492Posted 1/31/2013 8:34:28 AM
Illumi_Knight posted...
snickerbar2029 posted...
Preorder cancelled.

Same here. Its more than half a year away. Absolutely pissed.
And now my Pre-Order poster lies to my face everytime I see it.
I've never been mad at Rockstar before but they said last year they were just finishing up cleaning the game. WTF have they been doing since that's their excuse this time? Dont get me wrong, some delays are understandable but they did this with GTA IV. Didn't happen with RDR. JUST GTA's..

The self entitlement these people have. R* doesn't owe you anything except for a R* quality game. That's what the delay will deliver on. Sure, it takes extra time and everyone would obviously love to have this game sooner, but if sooner means a worse game then your priorities are a little messed up. I doubt you have any idea what it takes to make a full retail game. Even I pre-ordered this game. Yes, I'm a little bummed that it got delayed, but I can't be mad. I can only look forward to a well polished game that I trust R* to deliver.
#18PepeSilvia906Posted 1/31/2013 8:36:39 AM(edited)
:(

Man, I was really hoping there'd be no delay for this one. Now I guess all the "It'll be delayed" people can say I told you so.
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#19Sword_of_DuskPosted 1/31/2013 8:38:35 AM(edited)
As I think on it some more, I really wish developers would just shut their mouths until they are absolutely, 100% sure that their game is coming out when they initially plan for it to. I do trust that Rockstar will take this time to make the game great, although a part of me wonders exactly what they'll be improving upon. I swear, if it has anything to do with multiplayer, I might just explode. Multiplayer means nothing to me.

Speaking of those people, let me say right now that we should just ignore them. Don't give them the pleasure of seeing us squirm.
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#20CADE FOSTERPosted 1/31/2013 8:37:16 AM
Damn it R come on sept is so far away
---
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s416/Arianfoster/katy-perry-1.gif
http://i.imgur.com/hUMY8.gif