Release day for GTA V 9-17-2013

#31TRC187(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 8:06:14 AM
Lets just pray its not due to the new gun-violence-ban-happy politicians out there, and hope that its just because they're behind schedule.

Because THAT would suck.......
#32doraemonllh1989Posted 1/31/2013 8:12:21 AM
First world problems
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)
#33GRTooCoolPosted 1/31/2013 8:12:21 AM
I would by lying if I said I'm not absolutely devastated by this news. I think this news hurts because we've been waiting so long for this game to come out. Truth be told, RDR and L.A. Noire just didn't cut it for me.

With that said, I'm glad they're taking the time to polish everything. Too many companies today use US, the consumers as beta testers. Games come out glitchy and they'll patch things up with an update 2-3 weeks later. That to me, is unacceptable. So if Rockstar is taking their time to do this, then I'm happy to hear it.

Granted, we're not owed anything since we didn't buy the game yet... but still... very frustrating news overall.

And on a side note, my wallet is going to take a beating around that time. I'm a huge Pokemon fan and I'm already planning to buy two 3DSes along with Pokemon X and Y. Also can't live without hockey and I know NHL14 is going to come out a week before GTA V. I'm not good with saving money either, so yeah... this is going to suck.
---
Anyone who supports DLC of any kind deserves a swift kick to the balls... repeatedly. Take a stand! Stop giving companies extra pocket money.
#34joelanator0492Posted 1/31/2013 8:16:40 AM
PepeSilvia906 posted...
Perfect Light posted...
joelanator0492 posted...
The self entitlement these people have. R* doesn't owe you anything except for a R* quality game. That's what the delay will deliver on. Sure, it takes extra time and everyone would obviously love to have this game sooner, but if sooner means a worse game then your priorities are a little messed up. I doubt you have any idea what it takes to make a full retail game. Even I pre-ordered this game. Yes, I'm a little bummed that it got delayed, but I can't be mad. I can only look forward to a well polished game that I trust R* to deliver.

They told us they held off on showing more because they wanted the game to be ready. The trailer for V will be nearly two years old by the time the game comes out. Are you joking? Why even bother showing anything only to delay it? Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to get the game and I'm sure it will be amazing, but I was looking forward to spending the hot summer indoors with GTAV to play.

This. Of course all the kiddies on the Newswire and GTAForums are being over the top with the "**** Rockstar" stuff, but damn, it's not entitlement to be disappointed by this.

EDIT: Also, who could have ever imagined all the people who made the "12/31/2013??????" topics were the most accurate? :p

He took out what I was originally quoting. Look back and it will make more sense. Everyone is upset about the delay. Even me. I'd love to play through GTA V over the summer and I was looking forward to that. But I was talking about the people cancelling their pre-orders simply because of the delay.
#35CrimsonCorpPosted 1/31/2013 8:21:18 AM
joelanator0492 posted...
If you heard a loud thud, it was probably just my head hitting the desk.

I'm ok with taking a bit extra time to polish up games. But the thing that sucks now, is that I'll be back in school when this comes out. I won't be able to play this over the summer :(

This so damn much. This semester and the next are going to be my toughest by far. I really wanted GTA V bad this summer.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#36sgr8Posted 1/31/2013 8:25:11 AM
Wow the game must be awesomely BAD if they have to work on it for 6 more months. What a dissapointment. They already had more than enough time (almost 5 years) so if they need half a year more, the game is just BAD. I am pretty sure when the game comes out it will be worse than GTA4. Because they worked too much on the game and lost the sight for what is FUN. Many many games took ages to come out and always got delayed and they just SUCK. Like Duke Nukem Forever.
#37TaikutsunaPosted 1/31/2013 8:46:57 AM
This is Awesome News!!! Now I'll spend quality time with all the other Pre-ordered games I had coming out around the time this was scheduled. Instead of trying to Rush through them so I can Play GTA5... which I just cancelled my Pre-order for, and it cost me $10 to cancel.
---
If god didn't want people eating animals...
He wouldn't have made them out of meat..
#38jjg737Posted 1/31/2013 8:47:36 AM
Yea this sucks, I was so excited to be able to play it in spring. But whatever I guess in the end the game would be better, and are you sure about that release date on gamestops website it has it as 12-31-2013. I at least hope the date you posted is right because waiting till the end of the year's gonna suck.
#39basketballinPosted 1/31/2013 8:52:45 AM(edited)
Good thing i didn't Pre-order ,Would've been a waste of my time and gas money.
---
It`s Miller Time!!!!!
#40edwdesirPosted 1/31/2013 8:56:45 AM(edited)
http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ron-swanson-computer-throw-out-parks-and-rec.gif

Crazy how the ones that we're so sure of an Oct 2013 release were the closest to being right lol.

Oh well. Hopefully the game delivers.
---
http://oi50.tinypic.com/30rttom.jpg