Aren't next gen consoles due out this Fall...?

#1dataDyneSoldierPosted 1/31/2013 10:27:56 AM
Or at least I recall hearing that the new Xbox would be. Not sure about PS4. My gut feeling that this game was getting delayed has proven to be accurate. Hopefully my feeling that it will be switched to the new consoles back then won't be.

Buuut if the new consoles do come out this year, I would not be surprised if Rockstar came out and said something like, "We have decided that in order to get the most out of Grand Theft Auto 5, we will be releasing it for the Playstation 4 and Xbox 720 in the Spring of 2014. We will take the extra time to polish GTA5 to make it the greatest game experience possible. We apologize for any inconvenience, but trust us it will be worth it. These new consoles are necessary to complete our vision of what this game is capable of."
---
Anaheim Ducks 2013: 3-1-1
"Search him. Then I will kill you." - Bane
#2AKGunnerPosted 1/31/2013 10:30:00 AM
I would be surprised if the next gen consoles were coming out in the Fall and we have not heard about it yet.
---
where is the mudcrab at
~ linkbad
#303343Posted 1/31/2013 10:30:31 AM
Both the PS4 and 720 are reportedly to come out during the holiday season this year or early next year.
---
GT- BlazeFire879
#4kidmuscle_1Posted 1/31/2013 10:31:58 AM
just got a hollow feeling in my chest reading your pretend statement
#5PepeSilvia906Posted 1/31/2013 10:33:22 AM(edited)
It's pretty much all speculation, but the assumption is they'll be revealed at E3 and release during the holidays. But I really doubt they'd delay the game further just to have it on new consoles not as many people will have.
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#6Gamer9302Posted 1/31/2013 10:32:06 AM
Microsoft might announce the new X-Box system this year at E3 but i doubt that that is the reason for the delay. And to be honest I doubt that the final console model will be revealed this year. More than likely they will announce that they are working on one.
---
Gaming is not an option!
#7B0vrilPosted 1/31/2013 10:47:37 AM
There is no way this game was delayed so as to accommodate a release for next gen systems. It would be ridiculous at this stage in development to switch platforms.

They delayed the game because it obviously require more development time.
#8llkopPosted 1/31/2013 11:06:55 AM
R* allways said they want GTA 5 to be the last hurrah for current gen consoles, this date allows them, to do exactly that...

but i dont think that they should have predicted a SPRING release....
if they knew it would be september...
---
there can be only one !!!