The only way I'll play this game is if it has a good soundtrack.

#11shakeNsprayPosted 1/31/2013 5:03:30 PM
angeldeath21 posted...
JNR is a great station for cop chases, as is LCHC and Liberty Rock Radio.

Radio Broker was pretty awesome if you ask me. They made it as a sort-of-underground-but-a-bit-more-popular station, and a few of the bands featured all the way back in 2008 have really hit it big now. Nice going there, Rockstar!

The funk station and The Journey are also great in GTA IV.

I think people who say GTA IV's radio sucked just have very, VERY narrow tastes. A true musician respects any genre and will give anything at least a chance.

I don't remember the stations, but GTA IV also had some ballin' hip-hop.

You also have to remember, they were trying to make the radio sound of that time period. So yea I can agree most of it sucked, but I like how they were reflecting the real deal. Which is something I can deal with.
#12angeldeath21Posted 1/31/2013 5:06:10 PM
shakeNspray posted...
angeldeath21 posted...
JNR is a great station for cop chases, as is LCHC and Liberty Rock Radio.

Radio Broker was pretty awesome if you ask me. They made it as a sort-of-underground-but-a-bit-more-popular station, and a few of the bands featured all the way back in 2008 have really hit it big now. Nice going there, Rockstar!

The funk station and The Journey are also great in GTA IV.

I think people who say GTA IV's radio sucked just have very, VERY narrow tastes. A true musician respects any genre and will give anything at least a chance.

I don't remember the stations, but GTA IV also had some ballin' hip-hop.

You also have to remember, they were trying to make the radio sound of that time period. So yea I can agree most of it sucked, but I like how they were reflecting the real deal. Which is something I can deal with.

Maybe it's more reflective of the current state of music? GTA IV and GTA III's soundtrack really strayed away from the modern mainstream ('cept, like, Kanye) and I thought it was purddy good. The stations they added on DLC were also excellent to me.

Iunno, I'm not a big fan of most newer or more modern music, especially the whole indie-pop thing, but something tells me we'll get a dose of it in GTA V.
---
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."
#13shakeNsprayPosted 1/31/2013 5:20:50 PM
not a fan of this new music either, very rarely even listen to the radio anymore unless it's morning talk or sports related, but I think if your making a realistic game of a certain time era, music is very important to convey that message and feeling. This isn't the time for rockstar to reveal their ultimate dream track list. They are recreating a place at a certain time, music and all.

btw that indie-pop stuff needs to fade it's way out ASAP. Very weak music with a frail birdchested fan base wanting to live that independent-city life style attitude
#14Dark_volkswagenPosted 1/31/2013 5:50:52 PM
KarateKittyKill posted...
One of the worst parts of GTA: IV was the absolutely terrible soundtrack (there were a few good songs). The quality of SA and VC's soundtracks really made that game for me. Amazing stuff.

But GTA: IV was terrible. It really took the immersion out of the game.

It's because all they play on todays radio is auto tune and recycled crap they call music. All these failure artists of today don't deserve these awards that they get on these vomit artist music shows. 2007 was a bad year for music. So was the couple of years before and after that. Bare in mind rockstar tried to mimic the world of today so we really can't blame them or can we?
VC and san andreas were good games because of the good rock, rnb, pop, hip hop, and country music they had from the 80's and 90's. Of course it had good gameplay. And bottom line, even without these games we all know that our modern day music is not candy to our ears. And somebodys gotta stick up for the music that they play. Who knows. Maybe this decade will be different. So far it's not looking good. And I hope rockstar puts old school radio stations like they did in IV.
---
Napalms and nukes may break my bones, but machine guns will never hurt me.