We shouldn't whine about things any more.

#1Sword_of_DuskPosted 1/31/2013 1:18:38 PM
We now have a solid release date, after all. Granted, I am disappointed, but after thinking on it, I realize that this is probably a good thing. If Rockstar is taking the time to polish the game up even further, who knows what we're in for. Now, more than ever, I'm thinking GTA V could be the greatest game of the year....even if it comes toward the tail end.
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#2Perfect LightPosted 1/31/2013 1:20:50 PM
As I said in the other topic, it's important to understand why I and many others are pretty upset. Months after the first trailer went live, Rockstar said they were barely giving out any details because they wanted whatever they said to be concrete. They then come out with Spring 2013 and we all figure they're being vague on purpose, to avoid delaying anything. Then, they give us September as a launch date, which is 8 MONTHS AWAY, at which point the original trailer will be nearly 2 years old. We've all been waiting since November 2011. It's a pretty bitter pill to swallow.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#3Sword_of_Dusk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:32:45 PM
Perfect Light posted...
As I said in the other topic, it's important to understand why I and many others are pretty upset. Months after the first trailer went live, Rockstar said they were barely giving out any details because they wanted whatever they said to be concrete. They then come out with Spring 2013 and we all figure they're being vague on purpose, to avoid delaying anything. Then, they give us September as a launch date, which is 8 MONTHS AWAY, at which point the original trailer will be nearly 2 years old. We've all been waiting since November 2011. It's a pretty bitter pill to swallow.

Trust me, I understand. I just think we can help ourselves by focusing on the brighter side of things. Aside from that, there's nothing we can do at this point, so we might as well throw our time and attention to other pursuits for the time being.
---
#495_EclipsePosted 1/31/2013 1:36:08 PM
I think they should delay it again around August, and release it in November. The rage of all the little cry babies would be hysterical. "WAAAAHHH DELAY!!! CANCELING MY PRE-ORDER BECAUSE I PREFER INCOMPLETE GAMES!!! WAHHH WAHHHHHHH"

Idiots will never cease to amaze me.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#5Sword_of_Dusk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:37:38 PM
Speaking of which, what is the point of cancelling a pre-order? Doesn't seem to serve a purpose.
---
#695_EclipsePosted 1/31/2013 1:41:33 PM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
Speaking of which, what is the point of cancelling a pre-order? Doesn't seem to serve a purpose.

It doesn't. In their mind that's supposed to matter to Take 2, I guess they think maybe they will un-delay it and give us an unfinished product instead to appease them.

In other words, they are idiots, just like I said. It is rather humorous though.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#7Sword_of_Dusk(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2013 1:49:04 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Sword_of_Dusk posted...

It doesn't. In their mind that's supposed to matter to Take 2, I guess they think maybe they will un-delay it and give us an unfinished product instead to appease them.

In other words, they are idiots, just like I said. It is rather humorous though.

It is, isn't it? Actually, I find it funny that the PS3 GTA V boards are far less riled up by this announcement than this board is. Did not expect that.
---
#8ssj5kingPosted 1/31/2013 1:53:16 PM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...

If I cancel my pre-order then that means I can get another game instead of waiting 8 months for this then in about 5-7 months I can just pre-order this again. So basically a win-win situation, get a new game while I wait 8 months for this.
---
Xbox Live GT: Nnnking
#9NutralguyPosted 1/31/2013 2:16:47 PM
Honestly, I believed the Spring release was too good to be true anyways. But it means that I can play something to ease the wait, or much to everyone's dismay, buy a refurbished PS2 and all the GTAs on it and play those until I can get my paid off copy of GTA V.
---
I'm nobody to preach the almighty's word, but one still shouldn't hold themselves high in his eyes and think they're able to sin and lie about it. He knows.
#10wwinterj25Posted 1/31/2013 2:18:30 PM
Sword_of_Dusk posted...
We now have a solid release date, after all. Granted, I am disappointed, but after thinking on it, I realize that this is probably a good thing. If Rockstar is taking the time to polish the game up even further, who knows what we're in for. Now, more than ever, I'm thinking GTA V could be the greatest game of the year....even if it comes toward the tail end.

That or GTA V could just be delayed again. I do agree with what you're saying though. This is R* we are talking about. It wouldn't be normal to not have delays but we know the end product will be worth it. So sit back, relax and shut up. :D
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj