Considering the reactions to the idea of a female protagonist..

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Considering the reactions to the idea of a female protagonist..
3 years ago#1
I wonder what people's reactions were when they found out that CJ was going to be black.
3 years ago#2
A number of bigots came to speak on how no black character should be the main character, it was really pathetic.
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
3 years ago#3
Yeah, sadly, that actually happened. Same with Niko for that matter. After the first IV trailer people thought he was middle eastern and many a racist and terrorist comments were made.
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
3 years ago#4
I laughed when people jumped on the racism bandwagon with Niko as Rockstar would not promote a terrorist character especially not in NYC as 9/11 was no laughing matter and the media would be ram roding them for something so distasteful.

I remember they cut a few GTA 3 missions for a guy named "Darkel" as the missions had one that was crashing a plane into a building but then saw it would not go over well and removed the character, I think his the missions were pretty much terrorism themed.
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
3 years ago#5
You don't have to wonder. Lets just say many accounts were banned
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
3 years ago#6
Offworlder1 posted...
I remember they cut a few GTA 3 missions for a guy named "Darkel" as the missions had one that was crashing a plane into a building but then saw it would not go over well and removed the character, I think his the missions were pretty much terrorism themed.

That's just PLANE wrong!

See what I did there? hehe
Most of the money you'll win at poker comes not from the brilliance of your own play, but from the ineptitude of your opponents.
  1. Boards
  2. Grand Theft Auto V
  3. Considering the reactions to the idea of a female protagonist..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived