Considering the reactions to the idea of a female protagonist..

#1RunetheKoopaPosted 1/31/2013 2:51:27 PM
I wonder what people's reactions were when they found out that CJ was going to be black.
#2Offworlder1Posted 1/31/2013 2:53:08 PM
A number of bigots came to speak on how no black character should be the main character, it was really pathetic.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#3CruorComaPosted 1/31/2013 4:09:42 PM
Yeah, sadly, that actually happened. Same with Niko for that matter. After the first IV trailer people thought he was middle eastern and many a racist and terrorist comments were made.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#4Offworlder1Posted 1/31/2013 4:18:06 PM
I laughed when people jumped on the racism bandwagon with Niko as Rockstar would not promote a terrorist character especially not in NYC as 9/11 was no laughing matter and the media would be ram roding them for something so distasteful.

I remember they cut a few GTA 3 missions for a guy named "Darkel" as the missions had one that was crashing a plane into a building but then saw it would not go over well and removed the character, I think his the missions were pretty much terrorism themed.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#5nativenginePosted 1/31/2013 4:43:12 PM
You don't have to wonder. Lets just say many accounts were banned
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#6ELDuranPosted 1/31/2013 5:06:05 PM
Offworlder1 posted...
I remember they cut a few GTA 3 missions for a guy named "Darkel" as the missions had one that was crashing a plane into a building but then saw it would not go over well and removed the character, I think his the missions were pretty much terrorism themed.

That's just PLANE wrong!

See what I did there? hehe
---
Most of the money you'll win at poker comes not from the brilliance of your own play, but from the ineptitude of your opponents.