Rockstar has my respect

#1RubMyDuckyPosted 2/1/2013 3:45:00 AM
Rockstar knew delaying the game would piss off A LOT of people and would disappoint investors but they continued to delay the game. Why? Because they care about developing an epic, polished game for their audience, instead of rushing out the game out and getting a quick buck like a lot of publishers are doing these days. Props to Rockstar.

Yes, it sucks the game got delayed, but the game will be better for it and we got a alot of good games between then and now to keep us occupied in the mean time.
---
Optimizations seems to be a arcane art of video games. Few devs are masters of it. Some occasionally stumble upon it. But to most, it's all ancient Greek.
#2selphie8Posted 2/1/2013 3:50:16 AM
Agreed!
---
An economist is an expert who will know tomorrow why the things he predicted yesterday didn't happen today (Laurence J. Peter).
#3URBANLEG3NDPosted 2/1/2013 4:03:45 AM
RubMyDucky posted...
Rockstar knew delaying the game would piss off A LOT of people and would disappoint investors but they continued to delay the game. Why? Because they care about developing an epic, polished game for their audience, instead of rushing out the game out and getting a quick buck like a lot of publishers are doing these days. Props to Rockstar.

Yes, it sucks the game got delayed, but the game will be better for it and we got a alot of good games between then and now to keep us occupied in the mean time.

I agree, as well. The funny thing is, if they had just gone ahead with the release, these people would he crying about it's broken, and they should have taken more time to develop it.

Gamers.
---
www.youtube.com/MensReaEnt
http://www.facebook.com/MensReaEnt
#4PepeSilvia906Posted 2/1/2013 4:07:52 AM
True. If Rockstar truly didn't care they would release it in May to make their gazillion dollars and then abandon it. I'm not thrilled about the delay but I think Rockstar do actually care about their fanbase, despite a lot of it being, well, giant turds.
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#5BigBee2005Posted 2/1/2013 6:43:28 AM
I agree 100% TC
---
XBL Headwind PSN Headwindz
#6Mogga123_5Posted 2/1/2013 10:58:05 AM
Gives the God tier GTA IV more time in the sun.
---
The mast is broken, hull is splitting, dear God the ****in' ship is sinking
#7NavexPosted 2/1/2013 11:07:12 AM
Mogga123_5 posted...
Gives the God tier GTA IV more time in the sun.

How active is IV multiplayer these days for the 360? I've been wanting to do the Race modes and maybe some NOOSE and Bomb Da Base II but hav been afraid the community has died off apart from ADD fans who play nothing but free-roam.
---
The Jess Margera Rock Radio Show
7PM-8PM EST every Wednesday night on PoochFM.com
#8GS4LifePosted 2/1/2013 9:35:50 PM
I agree too. I've gone on record to say I'm tired of playing crappy or unfinished games that could have been much better given more time. I'm glad Rockstar is doing the right thing and making sure the game is finished.
---
"When I'm around you, I kind of feel like I'm on drugs. Not that I do drugs. Unless you do drugs, in which case I do them all the time." Scott Pilgrim
#9Look_A_UsernamePosted 2/1/2013 9:44:46 PM
Yes, it sucks the game got delayed, but the game will be better for it and we got a alot of good games between then and now to keep us occupied in the mean time

That's the way I look at it. I'm bummed out, sure. But I don't mind because I have upcoming games like Dead Space 3, Tomb Raider, Bioshock: Infinite & RE: Revelations(360 version) to keep me occupied. At least I'll be able to buy all my games without having to worry which one to buy over the other. If gta v came out in april or may I'd have a hard time choosing which games to get and managing my money, now I don't have to worry. & patience is always worth it
---
http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/TehAwsumDude/dealwithitspider.jpg http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/TehAwsumDude/sonicderpp.jpg
#10Dr_KainPosted 2/1/2013 10:04:49 PM
That is why Rockstar is the only game company I have faith in anymore these days. Other companies just rush incomplete games to the market and then sell you the rest of it for more money. They let the consumers be the game testers to find out what is glitched and then fix it later, if at all. They give these half assed endings just to keep countless sequels going. And they just release countless sequels to make more money.

Activision does it with Call of Duty.
Sony is now doing it with God of War.
Nintendo is doing it with Mario.
Microsoft is doing it with Halo and Gears of War.
Konami is doing it with Metal Gear.
Tecmo is doing it with Ninja Gaiden.
Crapcom is doing it with Resident Evil and Street Fighter.
Ubisoft with Assassin's Creed.
Square with Final Fantasy XIII.

Oh yeah, I do have faith in Atlus though, so two game companies.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.