Thank you, Rockstar.

#1CaIiber345Posted 2/1/2013 4:39:53 AM
I applaud your decision to delay the game, yet at the same time give us a release date.

Sure, that date could change as well. But I'll be happy to play what looks like an amazing, new GTA game, whenever it is released.

No, I'm not someone that's simply awed by a release date. However all of the entitlement, and criticism of R* is sad. When does Spring end? June 21st or so? A September 17 release date is less than a three month "delay." And Spring itself is a three month swing. So if R* had said June 20, would everyone be mad that it wasn't March 21 or whatever? It's hilarious.

If this is that big of a deal, then don't buy the game. Make your point to R* that way. Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe it's the digital or information generation. Whatever it is, I can't see any justification in bashing R*.

All in my worthless opinion, anyway. :)
---
When all else fails, and you're being overrun, grab a meatshield.
Hail HYDRA!
#2Rockstar-North-Posted 2/1/2013 6:35:56 AM
*Stands up and applauds*
#3BigBee2005Posted 2/1/2013 6:41:35 AM
I agree TC, I can't believe how up tight some people are about this. Personally I'd much rather the game be released when finished, not before.

Besides which I've got plenty of games to keep me busy until then plus there's spring / summer too when I may venture outside occasionally :-)
---
XBL Headwind PSN Headwindz
#4nativenginePosted 2/1/2013 7:26:58 AM
It's nice to see some people see the bigger picture here. Yeah I'm disappointed its not coming out sooner but I'm excited we have a legit release date. Now if it gets pushed back from said date I'll be a little pissed, still won't stop me from buying the game day one.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#5sal9e3sPosted 2/1/2013 7:45:52 AM
Thank you, kind sir. But don't get too excited. We may delay it again, at which point you can thank us all over again!

Yours,
R*
---
GT - Burrito Diablo
#6Akiba69Posted 2/1/2013 7:51:30 AM
I am both upset and relieved. I understand why they have done it and that it is for the best. I would rather have a fixed game than a broken mess.
I would like to have it as soon as possible but the wait will be worth it.
#7Muddy_WatersPosted 2/1/2013 8:17:34 AM
Considering ac3 and skyrim still have significant glitches that havnt been fixed I would gladly wait till late December or early January (knocks on wood) for a more polished experience. R* puts out quality games, not yearly same franchise releases. If it takes a few more months then so be it and like someone else said, there are plenty of games to hold us over till then.
---
BOS
#8Ilikemyname420Posted 2/1/2013 8:27:23 AM
If I were in charge at Rockstar I would have given the release date for April 1st and then change it to September 17th at exactly 11:59pm on March 31st.
#9Perfect LightPosted 2/1/2013 9:52:05 AM(edited)
CaIiber345 posted...
I applaud your decision to delay the game, yet at the same time give us a release date.

Sure, that date could change as well. But I'll be happy to play what looks like an amazing, new GTA game, whenever it is released.

No, I'm not someone that's simply awed by a release date. However all of the entitlement, and criticism of R* is sad. When does Spring end? June 21st or so? A September 17 release date is less than a three month "delay." And Spring itself is a three month swing. So if R* had said June 20, would everyone be mad that it wasn't March 21 or whatever? It's hilarious.

If this is that big of a deal, then don't buy the game. Make your point to R* that way. Maybe I'm getting old. Maybe it's the digital or information generation. Whatever it is, I can't see any justification in bashing R*.

All in my worthless opinion, anyway. :)

I think people are mainly annoyed because Rockstar said in a statement on their site that they were withholding information because they wanted whatever they said to be concrete. Therefore, when the Spring 2013 statement came out we all figured that would be concrete. To have it pushed back to almost the end of the year and have to wait another 8 months after waiting since Nov 2011 is a bitter pill to swallow. I know they're doing it to improve the game and for that I'm grateful, but we're all just massively disappointed.

Also, Akiba69, maybe you can scam a copy from someone so you don't have to pay for that, either.

Ilikemyname420 posted...
If I were in charge at Rockstar I would have given the release date for April 1st and then change it to September 17th at exactly 11:59pm on March 31st.

And this is why you're not in charge at Rockstar.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#10Storm ChamberPosted 2/1/2013 10:45:47 AM
Yeah I'm just glad to have an official date at this point
---
"We will not solve our problems by announcing them to the general public. We only speed ourselves on our way to the gallows." - Dr. Harlan Fontaine