To everyone disappointed with the delay...

#1GunsSlashRosesPosted 2/1/2013 11:54:34 AM
Would you mind if, after the recent delay announcement, GTA V was delayed a tiny bit more to coincide with the next gen of consoles (assuming they release this year)?

I for one, whilst disappointed with the recent news of delay, would not mind if it was held until the new consoles were released. I don't the ins and outs of making games but it might give them enough time to slightly upgrade the graphics, physics and such.

Thoughts?
---
GT: Soulstrike96 Feel free to add me.
#2LavargianPosted 2/1/2013 12:01:02 PM
Worst idea ever.
I'm not interested in paying 800 dollars...or whatever other ungodly amount of money there are going to want for the next generation of consoles, just so I can play GTA V...NO! I'd be fine if the game was released on current gen and ported to next gen, but it being exclusive to next gen...again, NO!
---
SHAKE IT.... \m/ 0_0 \m/ ....BEFORE YA BAKE IT
#3hummer700Posted 2/1/2013 12:17:26 PM
Its only a matter of time until they re-release it on next gen consoles. Plus if/when they're going to make a next gen gta it should be made from the ground up for those consoles.
#4GunsSlashRoses(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 12:39:36 PM
Lavargian posted...
Worst idea ever.
I'm not interested in paying 800 dollars...or whatever other ungodly amount of money there are going to want for the next generation of consoles, just so I can play GTA V...NO! I'd be fine if the game was released on current gen and ported to next gen, but it being exclusive to next gen...again, NO!

I didn't think about that to be honest, good point.
---
GT: Soulstrike96 Feel free to add me.
#5deimos91Posted 2/1/2013 12:50:44 PM
GunsSlashRoses posted...
Would you mind if, after the recent delay announcement, GTA V was delayed a tiny bit more to coincide with the next gen of consoles (assuming they release this year)?

I for one, whilst disappointed with the recent news of delay, would not mind if it was held until the new consoles were released. I don't the ins and outs of making games but it might give them enough time to slightly upgrade the graphics, physics and such.

Thoughts?

No i dont care i am not picking up another system for 2-4 more years depending on how price goes
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#6Rockstar-North-Posted 2/1/2013 12:58:25 PM
Why would they release it on next gen consoles? Everyone's got a 360/PS3 now so the install base is there, Houser himself said that they didn't make GTA V for next gen consoles because they fully understand the current gen hardware now.

I wouldn't be happy if the delay had anything to do with next gen consoles, GTA V will be the last R* game on this gen consoles and what a way to go out!
#7ssjtrunk1Posted 2/1/2013 4:57:23 PM
install base do not mean nothing otherwise they would still make games for the ps1.imagine playing with no loading, 50gb disc,so they do not have to retrict the game becuz of the 7 year oldbox 360.

We waited long en0ugh it time for the next set of console.
---
Today I have over 2100 karma.
#8baueris24Posted 2/1/2013 5:05:06 PM
I won't be buying the next gen systems for a couple years even if I had the money to buy them now. Look at how many problems the first couple versions of systems have had in the past. The PS2 had disc read problems, the 360 had RROD, and the PS3 had YLOD. I got my first PS2 in October 2002 which was 2 years after PS2 first launched and I still had disc read errors with my system. Even Microsoft didn't fix the problems with their consoles till 3 or 4 years after launching. It's better off to wait I think.
#9shadyelfPosted 2/1/2013 5:06:48 PM
No i dont care i am not picking up another system for 2-4 more years depending on how price goes

---
?
#10VG_SoldierPosted 2/1/2013 5:21:38 PM
While GTA V will very likely be compatible with the next gen of consoles, unless they wanted to utterly alienate their fan base, I don't think that they'll release this as an launch exclusive.
---
If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him. ---
In peace prepare for war, in war prepare for peace.