Maybe I'm wrong or impatient.. But..

#11baueris24Posted 2/1/2013 4:19:08 PM
Why would you want to pay full price for an unfinished product in the first place?

I miss the good old days where you bought a game that needed no updates ect. Now you pick up a game day 1 release, boot up disc and BAM, update 1.01...

100% agree with this statement! It's bad for me though because I can't even get the updates for the games because I don't have online for my 360 (I only have dial up!).
#12blacklabelicePosted 2/1/2013 4:23:03 PM
i believe when games are patched on release day it might have something to do with preventing piracy???

i could be wrong though but thats always what ive figured. it is kind of strange though who knows? just an idea
#13wwefan4everPosted 2/1/2013 5:18:16 PM(edited)
"Tell that to 2K Sports, those ******* haven't released any PC patches and the game has been out since October. Now that is a bunch of bull ****. I rather see update after update than NOTHING at all."

The more polish you do before release the LESS patches you will need.It's common sense. Unlike Bethesda for example, they give a damn about their games. Better they delay the game and polish it than rush it out there because people are too impatient.
#14MinunSSPosted 2/1/2013 8:37:39 PM
Epic__Failure posted...
I mean, the game was set to release in the spring. It's basically good to go now.

Battlefield 3 wasn't perfect at launch but they mass patch what needs slight tweaking as the game evolves.

I'd rather them release it as planned and just mass patch in the fall..

Your logic is your username.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Amish Style: is.gd/2rmxek
#15cheese_game619Posted 2/1/2013 8:52:57 PM
that is not a trend i would like to see more of

you are definitely impatient
---
http://i.imgur.com/z68cb.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m070ogasVv1qeewbgo2_500.jpg
#16nativenginePosted 2/2/2013 7:05:04 AM
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
nativengine posted...
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
Why would you want to pay full price for an unfinished product in the first place?

I miss the good old days where you bought a game that needed no updates ect. Now you pick up a game day 1 release, boot up disc and BAM, update 1.01...

Don't even get me started, I could go on for pages on "the good old days" of gaming.

Well go on, it'll atleast be more refreshing than the entire first page of this boards repeat topics.

Do you remember how much satisfaction we used to get just by making Mario jump over some turtles, crack a couple of boxes and try and get the highest points on the flag? The good old days...

Oh yes, I remember. I remember finding my first beanstalk and climbing to the top of the giant mushrooms, finding a spring that sent me into the clouds. A time when arcades existed and took coins. When Mortal Kombat hit said arcades and was the biggest thing in gaming at the time. Watching much older kids rip each others spins out and punch each other in the nuts. Getting my SNES and playing super Mario world for the first time, easy memory because my parents fell asleep and I ate a s*** load of smarties and got sick. Playing A Link to the Past for months only to find out there was a dark world. I can go on and on and on.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board