"Going next-gen" - does this mean a Wii-U release?

#1SuperNESGamerPosted 2/1/2013 12:53:43 PM
Microsoft and Sony's consoles probably aren't going to be coming along anytime soon, so is Rockstar hinting at a Wii-U release?
#2kingdede77Posted 2/1/2013 1:38:18 PM
Hmm, well I'd maybe buy it for the Wii U depending on the pros and cons associated here. But I guess it is not something to completely rule out.....
---
Stealth people are not meant to kill robots
www.youtube.com/Glaciercano
#3CADE FOSTERPosted 2/1/2013 2:19:36 PM
I would thnk nov 2013 as a launch for ps4 and next xbox
---
http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s416/Arianfoster/katy-perry-1.gif
http://i.imgur.com/hUMY8.gif
#4zack12369Posted 2/1/2013 2:20:33 PM
Because rated M games worked out soooo well for the wii before.
---
gt : z a c k t k.
<insert witty sig here>
#5FenrimisPosted 2/1/2013 3:03:58 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong I know very little of the Wii U, but doesnt the Wii U just suck?
#6gamedude00000Posted 2/1/2013 3:08:32 PM
Yes, Wii U just sucks. That won't stop Nintendo fanboys from trying to tell you otherwise however. It barely stacks up to current gen systems, it is pretty much doomed to fall flat on it's face (even harder than it already has, with sales being much lower than predicted) as soon as the real next gen consoles come to light.

Chalk this up as Nintendo's second failure caused by trying to appeal to a crowd with gimmicks no one wanted. (The first was that goggle gaming system or w/e the hell that was. A 90's fad that died quickly)
---
Now Playing: Dishonored, Black Ops 2, Guild Wars 2, War Z
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.
#7kingdede77Posted 2/1/2013 4:07:02 PM
zack12369 posted...
Because rated M games worked out soooo well for the wii before.

Well there have been quite a few M-rated games on the Wii U so far including Darksiders II, Assassin's Creed III, Call of Duty: Black Ops II (unfortunately enough), Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge, Mass Effect 3, ZombiU, and I am pretty sure there are a few others that I am forgetting.....

And that's not mentioning Bayonetta 2 being a Wii U exclusive, and a few other games coming out later ;)

I mean those games are not as deeply ingrained into the minds of those in the media that complain about video games being too violent and so on as compared to GTA, but there is always the potential now of a GTA game being on a Nintendo console for the first time since Chinatown Wars (which apparently wasn't that bad from what I heard, but I've never played it, so who knows)

Now I sort of want to bite on gamedude00000's comment there since that is a relatively narrow-minded and highly opinionated post, but I am too lazy..... It is too bad that I don't have any intelligent people in my army of children that could do my job for me here, but you know, them's the breaks!
---
Stealth people are not meant to kill robots
www.youtube.com/Glaciercano
#8Dr_KainPosted 2/1/2013 4:42:04 PM
The Wii U is next gen? That is news to me. It looks like current gen games just with an overly large game pad.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#9MinunSSPosted 2/1/2013 8:42:34 PM
The WiiU is roughly on par with the PS3 and Xbox360 that we (or at least I) have been playing for half a decade.

I cannot for the life of me understand why anyone would mistake it for next-gen hardware when it's so clearly current-gen.

This game won't be released as "next-gen", in that it won't be ported to the PS3 and Xbox360's successors to make a quick buck. R* doesn't do that.
---
Faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.
Amish Style: is.gd/2rmxek
#10Famished_CorpsePosted 2/1/2013 9:43:15 PM
Why is "Going next-gen" in quotes?
---
Darkness unfolds upon the earth, Each day another loss -
Hunted each and everyone, All the bodies left to rot in the sun