"Going next-gen" - does this mean a Wii-U release?

#11mfv12979Posted 2/1/2013 10:40:43 PM
i don't know any thing about the wii-u to judge if its good or not. But i dislike any hand held consoles. i prefer consoles i can play at home. I go out not to play games lol. Then again if you have kids any hand held game is good enough. As long as you can keep an eye on them since the kids eyes will be on the hand held while walking next to you lol.
---
copy ninja Kakashi has copied a thousand jutsu and i'm going to use them to their fullest Extent! - Kakashi Sensei Ep 266
#12Dr_KainPosted 2/2/2013 8:02:27 AM
mfv12979 posted...
i don't know any thing about the wii-u to judge if its good or not. But i dislike any hand held consoles. i prefer consoles i can play at home. I go out not to play games lol. Then again if you have kids any hand held game is good enough. As long as you can keep an eye on them since the kids eyes will be on the hand held while walking next to you lol.

While I prefer consoles, hand helds are great for RPGs. It is so much more fun to spend a 45 minute bus ride home grinding in Final Fantasy VI than it is to do it at home.
---
GLaDOS 2012 - At least she admits the cake is a lie.
#13Part3Posted 2/2/2013 8:48:45 AM
Dr_Kain posted...
The Wii U is next gen? That is news to me. It looks like current gen games just with an overly large game pad.

I like the idea of the pad but yeah, the Wii U is 8 years late to the next-gen party.
---
---
TIG - i like cartyooons
#14deimos91Posted 2/2/2013 2:10:03 PM
gamedude00000 posted...
Yes, Wii U just sucks. That won't stop Nintendo fanboys from trying to tell you otherwise however. It barely stacks up to current gen systems, it is pretty much doomed to fall flat on it's face (even harder than it already has, with sales being much lower than predicted) as soon as the real next gen consoles come to light.

Chalk this up as Nintendo's second failure caused by trying to appeal to a crowd with gimmicks no one wanted. (The first was that goggle gaming system or w/e the hell that was. A 90's fad that died quickly)

Ignore this troll The wiiu does surpass current tech( it has been proven) The ports that perform worse are due to one thing not knowing the console well i guarantee arkham city wouldn't have been possible in 2006 tech demos and specs speak it is better the tablet idea is actually brilliant and low sales are not due to failure rather the economy i almost say with 100% certainty the ps4/720 will not perform much better the only failed thing is the wait for games and even then the announced alot recently and are showing they want to be the big dog
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#15gamedude00000Posted 2/2/2013 3:54:08 PM
deimos91 said...
Ignore this troll The wiiu does surpass current tech( it has been proven) The ports that perform worse are due to one thing not knowing the console well i guarantee arkham city wouldn't have been possible in 2006 tech demos and specs speak it is better the tablet idea is actually brilliant and low sales are not due to failure rather the economy i almost say with 100% certainty the ps4/720 will not perform much better the only failed thing is the wait for games and even then the announced alot recently and are showing they want to be the big dog

Before you call someone a troll, you might want to check your facts. That so called "surpassing" is by a small enough margin that for a so called next gen system it is failing to live up to being anything more than a mistake that would've stood a chance if it came out three years ago rather than now.

With a small library (which will grow, but it won't change the system itself), another control gimmick, and true next gen consoles around the corner I stand by the fact, not opinion, that it barely stacks up to current generation consoles.

Oh, and do not try to blame the economy when the gaming industry hasn't been hit nearly as hard.
---
Now Playing: Dishonored, Black Ops 2, Guild Wars 2, War Z
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.
#16eAsy_mAc187Posted 2/2/2013 3:55:27 PM
If they announce a 720 version of this as a launch title, I'll just wait for the system to come out.
---
GT: eAsy mAc187
#17DelkuraPosted 2/2/2013 5:33:36 PM
SuperNESGamer posted...
Microsoft and Sony's consoles probably aren't going to be coming along anytime soon, so is Rockstar hinting at a Wii-U release?

Um, dude. Microsoft and Sony's next-gen consoles will probably be out by the end of the year.
#18MasterMoronPosted 2/2/2013 10:15:14 PM
I'm a little confused when people on this board are saying the Wii-U isn't a next gen system. Are you implying that Nintendo is going to come out with another system after the Playstation 4 and Xbox720 is released?
#19gamedude00000Posted 2/3/2013 12:52:47 AM
^ By technicality, it is a next gen system. It is slightly better than current gen, but again by a margin so small it's not going to matter. Every other system Nintendo has made has been a vast improvement over there last, while with this one the only major improvement is with a touch-screen game pad. Sorry if I sound pessimistic, I definitely made two people angry without meaning to, but taking everything about the Wii U into consideration I don't see things going well this time around for Nintendo. But they learn from their mistakes, and they will come back from it somehow.
---
Now Playing: Dishonored, Black Ops 2, Guild Wars 2, War Z
Gamefaqs Ancient Rank Reached 12/01/2011.
#20_Elite_Bushido_Posted 2/3/2013 2:55:33 AM
I'm a little confused when people on this board are saying the Wii-U isn't a next gen system. Are you implying that Nintendo is going to come out with another system after the Playstation 4 and Xbox720 is released?

probably not anymore since the Wii U's sales arent even close to what they hoped. about 4 million off from 5, lol
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl