"Going next-gen" - does this mean a Wii-U release?

#21St0Ne4GePosted 2/3/2013 3:43:25 AM
gamedude00000 posted...
^ By technicality, it is a next gen system. It is slightly better than current gen, but again by a margin so small it's not going to matter. Every other system Nintendo has made has been a vast improvement over there last, while with this one the only major improvement is with a touch-screen game pad. Sorry if I sound pessimistic, I definitely made two people angry without meaning to, but taking everything about the Wii U into consideration I don't see things going well this time around for Nintendo. But they learn from their mistakes, and they will come back from it somehow.

I just wanted to note the other major improvement is that its now HD, that's a massive improvement and yes I know its too late but Nintendo have some pretty dedicated fans and a lot of them. When they see Zelda in HD there will be some massive hype among Nintendo fans, its pretty much guaranteed to get a 10 from all the major game sites. I don't think it'll make everyones grandma go out and buy one like the Wii but a Nintendo system doesn't really need to raise the bar technically to sell to their devotes fans.

Ah I managed to write that whole post without using the word fanboy.
---
A fool flatters himself, a wise man flatters the fool.
#22MasterMoronPosted 2/3/2013 9:32:29 AM
I don't know what the specs have to do with what generation a system is. The Wii was technologically inferior to Xbox360 and PS3 in nearly every way, but it's still considered to be the same generation as those systems.

Also, according to people on the WiiU board, it has sold more units in its first 3 months than the Xbox360 and PS3 did in their first three months. How are its sales disappointing?
#23Part3Posted 2/3/2013 10:52:48 AM
These are he UK figures but:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-01-25-nintendos-wii-u-sales-struggle
---
---
TIG - i like cartyooons
#24stokes12Posted 2/3/2013 12:51:50 PM
MasterMoron posted...
I don't know what the specs have to do with what generation a system is. The Wii was technologically inferior to Xbox360 and PS3 in nearly every way, but it's still considered to be the same generation as those systems.

Also, according to people on the WiiU board, it has sold more units in its first 3 months than the Xbox360 and PS3 did in their first three months. How are its sales disappointing?

Because they are still significantly lower than expectations, especially considering that the X360 has struggled for its entire existence in Japan and the PS3's early struggles can be explained by the fact that Microsoft beat them to the punch with the current generation, while the Wii U has no such excuses.
#25ssjtrunk1Posted 2/3/2013 1:10:37 PM
Well febuary 20 is the ps3 anoucement,so it most likely coming out in june.
---
Today I have over 2100 karma.
#26G-ZissPosted 2/3/2013 2:16:29 PM
You people and your Wii-U. Already looking for reasons to justify your purchase? Sorry, you're not going to find any here.
#27MasterMoronPosted 2/3/2013 8:52:15 PM
I'm not trying to justify anything. I don't have a Wii U and I never buy games at launch. I actually just got a Wii and Xbox360 a year ago and that was only because my mom won them. There's lots of games I want to play on the Wii and the XBox360 so I doubt I'll buy any of the next gen systems for at least a year, but I don't understand how someone can say the Wii U isn't a next gen system when it clearly is.