Analyst: GTAV will outsell Call of Duty and go next-gen

#21FutureShockUKPosted 2/2/2013 6:57:44 AM
LordPoncho posted...
It's a longshot. Call of Duty has the dudebro gamer wrapped around it's finger.

I dunno, in my experience, if there's two games dudebros love, it's Call of Duty & GTA. Plus the fact GTA has other gamers that will buy it, I don't see it being so far fetched.
---
Best in the World!
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK
#22nativenginePosted 2/2/2013 8:22:47 AM
GTA5 had a chance at being #1 but now that a game analyst said so it's doomed.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#23Gamer9302Posted 2/2/2013 10:12:16 AM
I wish people would stop fussing so much about COD.
---
Gaming is not an option!
#24angeldeath21Posted 2/2/2013 12:40:45 PM
CruorComa posted...
Is 2008 so long ago people forget that Grand Theft Auto WAS CoD in terms of market dominance? 3 broke sales records, VC broke sales records, SA broke sales records, IV broke sales record and even IV's DLC broke sales records. I can always dig disagreement, but really the concept of GTA V outdoing CoD shouldn't seem that foreign. To me, if the series were to suddenly stop working the magic that they've worked for over a decade, that would be a far more bizarre development.

This... let's keep in mind that when GTA IV first came out it was the largest first week release of any entertainment media ever. MW2 broke that record the following year, but it's still important to note. GTA had a huge gamer base back then and has an even greater one now, what with four years of GTA IV being available and the fact that it's one of the best-rated games in history.

Also, just throwing this out there, but Black Ops II failed to surpass MW3's first-week sales. It may have overcome it in terms of overall sales by now, but it generated less revenue at the original launch. Though this could be due to Halo 4 and other big titles coming out within the same two-week span.
---
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."
#25LordPonchoPosted 2/2/2013 1:03:50 PM
Gamer9302 posted...

Nobody is "fussing" about it here. We're discussing the feasibility of outselling it.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#26deimos91Posted 2/2/2013 2:04:01 PM
ShELbY_GT500 posted...
Although GTA rightfully should outsell CoD and as much as Id like it to outsell CoD, it probably wont happen.

I would do anything to have something outsell it so a once decent franchise can be put to rest and this yearly crap stops
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#27deimos91Posted 2/2/2013 2:06:06 PM
Navex posted...
I would think gamers would be tired of FPS games by now or very least COD. Nothing against the game but the way they've been saturating the market with them you'd think people would stop caring like the GH/RB games.

I agree too many of the same type even halo does not release that frequently there is so many Good FPS that have been overshadowed like Metro2033 and Deus EX HR
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951
#28Raiders757Posted 2/2/2013 2:11:21 PM
Call of Duty sucks!

There, I said it. It had be done.
#29Raiders757Posted 2/2/2013 2:27:16 PM
Gamer9302 posted...

Everyone has a right to. It's popularity is also an influence on the industry. I personally feel it's having a negative effect on it, just as the premanufactured garbage/ hip-hop influenced pop music has had on our youth and the music industry in America the last twenty years. It causes companies to homogenize it's creative force, and the trend tends to spread throughout the entire industry creating bland products for brainwashed sheep.
#30ShELbY_GT500Posted 2/2/2013 2:27:43 PM
Raiders757 posted...
Call of Duty sucks!

There, I said it. It had be done.

CoD can suck infinitely and people will continue to buy each new title every year. I also think most of the players know CoD aint that great anymore and people continue to buy it because 'its the cool thing'.
---
Mess with the bull?...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcxb98pROb1r6r2k3o1_250.jpg