Why are some of you acting like this is totally cool

#101sal9e3sPosted 2/6/2013 7:02:39 PM
nativengine posted...
Do you not know the meaning of "expected"? To regard something as likely to happen. As in, maybe it will, maybe it won't. Something UNexpected happened and the game was delayed. No official release date was issued, just an "expected" time frame. They used the word "expected" to cover their asses and therefore spring was never a guarantee. Now we have a release date and if they miss that then everyone can flip out like they are now but spring was never an official release date. Doesn't take a scientist to figure that out.

Yep. R* said to expect it in Spring and people expected it in Spring. Go figure. And cover their asses from whom? There are no guarantees. Nothing's ever official. Nothing's ever confirmed. Any "official" or "confirmed" date or window is always subject to change. Everything is always just..."expected". Just semantics.

LordPoncho posted...
This is exactly why my topic should have been stickied. In the press releases, they even mention that forward projecting terms such as expect are not guarantees and shouldn't be taken as such.

No one in this thread is refuting the legality of what R* did. They could scrap the entire game tomorrow and no one could do anything. Again, semantics.
---
GT - Burrito Diablo
#102Dark_volkswagenPosted 2/6/2013 11:03:29 PM
professor_choas posted...
My reaction to the delay was, 'Damn, GTAV got delayed.' And that was it. Then I went over to both here and GTAForums and had hours upon hours of laughter at how angry some people are. And I'll say just like many other users have said. It wasn't that big of deal to me. I'm looking forward to this just as much as everyone else is, but it isn't the end of the world. At the end of the day, yes I have more important things to worry about, like working and my family. I imagine everyone else should too. I mean if GTAV is all you have going on in your life, then what are you doing with it? It could be just me but when someone paints a picture of themself on the internet, they become that person. If you paint yourself as an angry teenager who worries more about this game than real life, yes I'm going to assume you're an angry teenager with no priorities in life. The way most of these topics and posts read, most of you do walk around pissed off at the world because this game was delayed because that's how you come off. It doesn't sound like a rational adult or young adult expressing their disappointment because of a delay, it sounds like children in the toy/candy isle crying because they aren't getting what they want now.

Why are we acting like its totally cool? I can't answer that question. I can only speak for myself. I for one have learned to accept the things I cannot change and have no control over. Its clear many others haven't yet learned that lesson, or refuse to accept it. I don't feel entitled to anything I don't earn myself. Especially something I didn't have any part in creating. Even if R* said the game was coming out January 31st and it was delayed, it wouldn't be a big deal. Not in my eyes at least.

Bottom line is this. The perception that most of you are painting is that you're an angry teenager who feels he/she is entitled to more than you actually are. If you're going to act like an angry teenager, we're going to treat you as if you are. All of us are disappointed to an extent, but those of us who think more rationally than others can see this is for the better and in the bigger picture, this isn't that big of a deal.

You seem to have missed the life topic here.

This song is perfect for guys like you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESjMEIbOCrY
---
Napalms and nukes may break my bones, but machine guns will never hurt me.
#103professor_choasPosted 2/7/2013 10:42:43 AM
^^^ Perfect example. Volkswagen acts like he's 12 so naturally, everyone treats him like he's 12. I didn't miss anything in this thread. A bunch of rational people tried to explain why the delay isn't that bad and a bunch of irrational people attacked Rockstars reputation and business. Alll while knowing damn well that once the game is released, you're going to buy it. Yes I'm very surprised some of you are acting the way you are because its childish. I would expect(what should be) grown men acting their age and not their shoe size when a video game gets delayed.
---
They see me trollin, they hatin
#104deltamustang_65Posted 2/7/2013 10:50:06 AM
You're right about VW. He's not nearly as bad on the PS3 board, but holy cow, visiting here has been a real eye opener!
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#105tzar_666Posted 2/7/2013 10:56:30 AM
holy cow is a insult to indian people
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#106deltamustang_65Posted 2/7/2013 10:59:19 AM
That is why cows have thick skin.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.