Why are some of you acting like this is totally cool

#21CruorComaPosted 2/1/2013 8:00:41 PM
These kind of reactions are exactly why the medium is still a social faux pas among adults, in spite of the games themselves. Very few of us wish to freely associate ourselves with such a childish and backwards community. Grown men literally having tantrums over benign, expected and generally understandable developments is just too much.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#22deltamustang_65Posted 2/1/2013 9:23:40 PM
^Sounds about right.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#23robo_robPosted 2/1/2013 9:34:48 PM
Dark_volkswagen posted...
Erik_P posted...
SBBrealquick posted...
i do kind of take issue with the general sentiment that many have expressed, which seems to be that their lives are so complex and meaningful that they can't be phased by any news that comes out relating to this game. like the rest of us are pitiful for caring or something. its like why are you here?

It's an effing game! Maybe when you're old enough to get a job or actually play M rated games you won't be so freakishly obssessed with the release date for a game.

I've waited 2 years for GTA5; what's another 6 months?

Your type doesn't belong here. "Oh, look at me, I'm the working man who has a life" What are you doing on these boards then? Are you too good to be a nerd? Are you ashamed to be amongst video game lovers?

Get lost freakshow.

Insecure much?
#24littlebro07Posted 2/1/2013 10:00:09 PM
Because we understand that these things happen, and are actually a good thing. I would much rather have a game that's fully polished and doesn't need to be patched eleven times in the first few months of release. If they released it in spring you'd still be complaining because it wasn't as good as you hoped it'd be.

As to the ones saying "oh you have a life bulls*** what are you doing here then"

You're allowed to be here and have a life at the same time. I work 45 hours a week at an insurance company, and when I'm not at work I generally spend most of my free time planning my wedding in July. GTAV is literally the only game I was looking forward to and I was upset about the delay, but I was also capable of understanding that it could only mean that the game will be even better. I truly do have other things to tide me over though. I'm actually going to attempt 100% on GTAIV and the DLC. Possibly RDR if I don't strangle myself out of boredom from shooting birds and finding stunt jumps.
---
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb289/volcaitlin/gifs/dancning.gif
#25Mentalpatient87Posted 2/1/2013 10:36:51 PM
Your type doesn't belong here. "Oh, look at me, I'm the working man who has a life" What are you doing on these boards then? Are you too good to be a nerd? Are you ashamed to be amongst video game lovers?

Get lost freakshow.

Look at this joke, made his account a year ago and thinks he gets to say who belongs...
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#26CruorComaPosted 2/1/2013 11:38:34 PM(edited)
littlebro07 posted...

You're allowed to be here and have a life at the same time. I work 45 hours a week at an insurance company, and when I'm not at work I generally spend most of my free time planning my wedding in July.

This. Grown men have REAL problems and issues to concern themselves with. On the opposite side of littlebro's spectrum, I spend my days looking after my terminally ill father. Given he can scarcely leave the house, I probably have more time to game than anyone else here, but for ****sake, people who have such disdain for delays/endings/DLC etc etc need to evaluate their lives and grow the hell up.

As someone who has real problems, I frankly find it disgusting that people behave as though this trife actually matters.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#27LordPonchoPosted 2/1/2013 11:47:38 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...

Get lost freakshow.

Look at this joke, made his account a year ago and thinks he gets to say who belongs...

Your account us probably older than he is. ;)
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#28AlchemicSpartanPosted 2/2/2013 1:32:34 AM(edited)
I think its a good thing. Gives them time to really polish the game out. And as stated several times on this board, the release date was expected to be spring 2013. I couldn't care less. Rock star always delivers top-notch games. I've never been disappointed in one of their games yet. I still have San Andreas, and play it regularly.

On the delay though, I expected it, just like a majority of people did. I mean, if your this teed off about a game releasing, maybe you should invest in some other hobbies.

http://m.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.html

---
Xbox GT: AlchemicSpartan
#29StarGoyPosted 2/2/2013 1:40:26 AM
Hilarious topic and replies.
#30CaIiber345Posted 2/2/2013 2:45:24 AM
CruorComa posted...
These kind of reactions are exactly why the medium is still a social faux pas among adults, in spite of the games themselves. Very few of us wish to freely associate ourselves with such a childish and backwards community. Grown men literally having tantrums over benign, expected and generally understandable developments is just too much.

^Basically, this.

But I'll add my worthless opinion anyway.

I have a life, and I'm a nerd, and I love the GTA franchise, and I play video games, and I spend time on a video game message board. And so do other people here. It doesnt make anyone better than anyone else. Its a way to convey perspective. So that argument is pointless.

Now I could see if R* said, "September 17 is the official release date..." and then on September 16 they said, "Oops. The game is delayed until...well...we don't know when." Then it would make sense for people to say, "What the hell is going on here?" and generally question the situation.

But outrage? Anger? Demanding answers, reasons, justification? Claiming conspiracy? Sorry, that's called being spoiled. You're not being cheated, lied to, treated unfairly, or losing anything significant in your life. I want to play GTA V as bad as the next person. But if it means waiting a few more months, who cares?
---
When all else fails, and you're being overrun, grab a meatshield.
Hail HYDRA!