Why are some of you acting like this is totally cool

#71Sword_of_DuskPosted 2/4/2013 3:29:27 PM
It seems many of you don't understand the meaning of the word "expected". Rockstar expected to release the game in Spring, but they didn't discount the possibility of needing more time, so they didn't provide any concrete date. If they had said something like, "GTA V will be released on May 14, 2013" and then went and pushed it back, that's one thing. But they never gave an actual for sure date, so all the whining about Spring is not only pointless, but incredibly childish at that.
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#72LordPonchoPosted 2/4/2013 3:33:22 PM
This board is the very epitome of hypocrisy.

You complain when there's no release date. Then you complain when the release date is simply a release window. Then you complain when you get handed a release date. Will you guys ever be satisfied?
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#73Sword_of_DuskPosted 2/4/2013 3:40:15 PM
LordPoncho posted...
This board is the very epitome of hypocrisy.

You complain when there's no release date. Then you complain when the release date is simply a release window. Then you complain when you get handed a release date. Will you guys ever be satisfied?

I'd wager that the answer to that is no. What can you do, though?
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#74BillyFnWilsonPosted 2/4/2013 5:37:33 PM
You can actively poke fun at adults and/or children that find a game's delay to be such a calamity, some kind of incredible crime perpetrated by Rockstar on the gamers that they owe SOOOOO much to.

C'mon, it's hilarious, especially when they begin to face an avalanche of "Dude, really, you're going to whine this much?".
#75DrFeelgood1984Posted 2/4/2013 7:10:08 PM
cess posted...
stokes12 posted...
zepfya posted...
DrFeelgood1984 posted...
SBBrealquick posted...
How are you so shocked that so many people are frustrated? what planet are you on?

There's no reason to be frustrated. They're taking the time to polish the game, which more developers should do. It's ok that you're angry about it though, I was a teenager once too.

Does not take so long to polish a game. They clearly have bigger issues with it.

Actually with a game the size that GTA V is supposed to be it probably does take that long to polish it in order to make sure the polishing doesn't screw things up. Even the slightest changes can cause significant changes/issues elsewhere in the end product and they probably need those months to make sure that doesn't happen.

skyrim comes to mind. So many glitches when i came out. Then for every 1 thing they fixed in a patch at least 2 mire things got messed up

You have no idea, the PS3 version of Skyrim was a train wreck! Bethesda knew Skyrim was a disaster before they released it, but 11/11/11 was more important to them than finishing the game. Rockstar and Take Two have standards, and aren't going to sell us a $60 Beta. Quality is so uncommon now, that people actually get upset about it.
#76blacklabelicePosted 2/4/2013 7:16:33 PM
lol @ dark volkswagen. the multiple account keyboard weight lifter.
#77Dark_volkswagenPosted 2/4/2013 9:16:46 PM
stokes12 posted...
volkswagen, I'm one of those that isn't too bothered by the delay, but when a major company makes a big announcement saying they expect to release a product, particularly a marquee product which a new GTA is for rockstar, during a certain period of time, that's pretty much an official release announcement.

Had they not been certain of it then all they had to do was say "we're working on GTA V at the moment and we're planning on announcing a release date as soon as we have one for you" but they didn't, they told everyone they were planning a Spring 2013 release date and now people are understandably annoyed that they haven't been able to manage that.

So instead of trying to convince people that they never said it would be out in Spring 2013, and posting statements that it would be to support your argument, try and actually come up with something logical.

Thank you for proving my point.
---
Napalms and nukes may break my bones, but machine guns will never hurt me.
#78CoronelLinkPosted 2/4/2013 9:39:07 PM
*walks in*

<_<

>_>

*walks out*
---
No givesies backsies!!
#79stokes12Posted 2/5/2013 8:48:43 AM
Dark_volkswagen posted...
stokes12 posted...
volkswagen, I'm one of those that isn't too bothered by the delay, but when a major company makes a big announcement saying they expect to release a product, particularly a marquee product which a new GTA is for rockstar, during a certain period of time, that's pretty much an official release announcement.

Had they not been certain of it then all they had to do was say "we're working on GTA V at the moment and we're planning on announcing a release date as soon as we have one for you" but they didn't, they told everyone they were planning a Spring 2013 release date and now people are understandably annoyed that they haven't been able to manage that.

So instead of trying to convince people that they never said it would be out in Spring 2013, and posting statements that it would be to support your argument, try and actually come up with something logical.

Thank you for proving my point.

Did you even bother reading my post volkswagen? Because there is no way I proved your point
#80revan292Posted 2/5/2013 9:33:10 AM
ViciousXl2 posted...
Because it's not a big deal
I have other things to do in my life. Worrying about a videogame release date is the least of my concerns

And I'd have hoped that people would be mature enough to understand.
I'll just pick it up when it comes out, no biggie.

I couldn't agree more, though it is unfortunate that the immature spoiled children decided to start pissing and moaning as soon as you posted your most appropriate comment.

If someone is worried more about video games than life it's self then that's pretty bad...
---
Suicide is a permanent solution to a permanent problem, people have the right to die. you disagree? that means you're an idiot :D U mad?