No talk of Day 1 DLC?

#1professor_choasPosted 2/2/2013 5:26:45 AM
Over the past couple days, both here and gtaforums, I've seen a lot of talk(mostly whining) about GTAVs delay. Most of it has been people expressing their feelings and I've seen a lot of talk about either porting or optimizing the game for next gen consoles. But I feel like day 1 DLC is a much more likely reason. On every R* game I've owned, they've never been the type to skimp on DLC. I've always felt like I've gotten my money's worth and never felt disappointed. With day 1 DLC being the current 'thing' among developers, what do you think the chances are we will see something on launch? Unless the game is buggy beyond reason, I wouldn't think 8 months would be needed for final release testing, but I could be wrong. What do you think?
---
They see me trollin, they hatin
#2Smakface13Posted 2/2/2013 9:07:50 AM
I highly doubt they'll do Day 1 DLC.

Maybe some pre-order bonus or something (Did RDR have one? Or LA Noire? I can't remember)

But either way, Rockstar won't nickle and dime their Magnum Opus.
---
I am looking at you through the eyes of a dead man
http://i47.tinypic.com/19a7gw.jpg
#3whiteboygenePosted 2/2/2013 9:41:43 AM
I disagree, perhaps the delay could be to work on some aspects of future DLC intregration and other things, but I don't think R* is going to do day one DLC, they never have before as far as I know. Pre-ordering is a different story. I think the delay is just to fix bugs and make sure everything runs like it should. Think about just how much dialogue alone, not to mention other data, that they will have to include as a result of having three characters.
---
Good deeds should be done not for compensation or to please an invisible deity, they should just simply be done. People who agree: 847
#403343Posted 2/2/2013 9:42:27 AM
Don't know about RDR but LA.Noir came with a additional case to solve, The Naked Truth.
---
GT- BlazeFire879