"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"- Shigeru Miyamoto

#11SilverShark9106Posted 2/2/2013 12:34:29 PM
sidstarter posted...
Duke Nukem was still bad. Your point is invalid.

To be fair, Duke Nukem Forever was bounced around and scrapped then done over so many times, it was bound to be awful no matter what.

But I agree with the quote, so many game companies today are so quick to release a game just to make a quick buck rather than give quality. Good to see some companies still care what they put out.
---
http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt99/Monohman12377/Silver.png -- Thanks,L4DHunter!
http://i35.tinypic.com/294qrdk.png -- Thanks,Bowser72
#12OctotronPosted 2/2/2013 12:48:48 PM
Diablo 3 was also very bad.
#13angeldeath21Posted 2/2/2013 1:45:53 PM
Maybe the quote should be tweaked. A game delayed for financial / company issues can still be bad, especially when it's tossed around more than a French broad as was the case with Duke Nukem.

A game delayed so as to be worked on longer -- most likely the case for GTA V since Take Two and Rockstar don't seem to be floundering financially -- tend to be excellent.
---
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."
#14enterthemadroxPosted 2/2/2013 1:50:34 PM
sidstarter posted...

Not really, no. I enjoyed it a lot.
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong
#15Mentalpatient87Posted 2/2/2013 1:51:31 PM
Duke Nukem Forever
Daikatana
Spore

Of course, we're talking years of delays and mismanagement by morons with those. R* is just taking some extra time to iron out the creases.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#16DarkLordMorsulPosted 2/2/2013 4:15:05 PM
diablo 3
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#17nnytherkillerPosted 2/2/2013 6:03:00 PM
GollyFluff posted...
sidstarter posted...

It certainly is bad forever, no pun intended. But perhaps if should have been delayed so that it could be fixed.

It was delayed for 15 years.
---
GT. nnythekiller
Stoic wanderer
#18GamingAntPosted 2/2/2013 6:35:30 PM
What a liar.
---
I'll have a number nine, a number nine large, a number six with extra sauce, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one wit' cheese, and a large soda
#19DelitaBardoPosted 2/3/2013 12:34:50 AM
nnytherkiller posted...
GollyFluff posted...
sidstarter posted...

It certainly is bad forever, no pun intended. But perhaps if should have been delayed so that it could be fixed.

It was delayed for 15 years.

It wasn't delayed. It was canceled, picked up and forgotten over and over.
#20kylekillgannonPosted 2/3/2013 2:05:31 AM
Conversely, if you decide to stop delaying a game, and just release it. It doesn't make it bad. Ocarina of Time was finally just shot out, after cutting away a lot of the final ideas and it was by and large one of the best games.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.