"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"- Shigeru Miyamoto

#21_Elite_Bushido_Posted 2/3/2013 2:56:31 AM
sidstarter posted...
Duke Nukem was still bad. Your point is invalid.

It certainly is bad forever, no pun intended. But perhaps if should have been delayed so that it could be fixed.

you dont know... how long it was delayed, do you?
---
I'm a PC gamer, I don't like leaving the house or accepting packages from an actual person.- Xeeh_Bitz
http://tinyurl.com/8eufxdl
#22AlchemicSpartanPosted 2/3/2013 3:39:34 AM
Nice quote TC. I wholeheartedly agree.

whiteboygene posted...
I like how hundreds of people just flooded this board making topics about the same thing, over and over and over and over.

Good quote, though.

And this^

I feel like not even coming to this board until a week after release. Its hard to find a decent topic while swimming through all the whines, rage, and the occasional "this is delayed cause sandy hook hurr."
---
Xbox GT: AlchemicSpartan
http://i.imgur.com/boYhrfJ.jpg
#23LordPonchoPosted 2/3/2013 4:14:00 AM
DNF was excellent. Anybody who says otherwise was expecting a modernized Duke, when the experience was very much classic Duke.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#24Erik_PPosted 2/3/2013 7:23:21 AM
LordPoncho posted...
DNF was excellent. Anybody who says otherwise was expecting a modernized Duke, when the experience was very much classic Duke.

Maybe if you have zero standards.
---
Yippee ki yay Mr Falcon
#25Mentalpatient87Posted 2/3/2013 7:27:35 AM
LordPoncho posted...

No, no Ponch. Not at all. DNF was an ass game that might have been okay if it came out five years prior. "Classic Duke" is a cop-out for what was a shallow, ugly experience.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#26hellfire582Posted 2/3/2013 8:56:14 AM
Gamer9302 posted...
So, you think just because we play PS3 and 360 that we don't know who Shigeru Miyamoto is? Are you mad?!?!?!?! One does not simply not know who Shigeru Miyamoto is.

He doesn't seem mad to me at all, I don't see where you got that. He's just pointing out that Miyamoto was a more prominent game designer back in the SNES and N64 days, so it's possible some of the people who only started playing video games with the 360/PS3 may not know who he is. I think you're just overreacting a bit.
#27OddratPosted 2/3/2013 10:01:01 AM
The Walt Disney of video games speaks truth. I've never had a problem with a company delaying a game. Obviously they have good reasons for it.
#28DarkLordMorsulPosted 2/3/2013 10:15:04 AM
hellfire582 posted...
Gamer9302 posted...
So, you think just because we play PS3 and 360 that we don't know who Shigeru Miyamoto is? Are you mad?!?!?!?! One does not simply not know who Shigeru Miyamoto is.

He doesn't seem mad to me at all, I don't see where you got that. He's just pointing out that Miyamoto was a more prominent game designer back in the SNES and N64 days, so it's possible some of the people who only started playing video games with the 360/PS3 may not know who he is. I think you're just overreacting a bit.

---
Skit Tells is Really good
#29Joe_CobbsPosted 2/3/2013 10:27:46 AM
I don't know who this Miyamoto guy is but judging from his name, he was an ancient Samurai warrior. The quote is good though.

And I loved Duke Nukem as much as the next guy but DNF should have been scrapped.
#30toliveiraPosted 2/3/2013 11:44:04 AM
LordYggdrasilXX posted...
I know some of you PS3/360 people don't know who that is, but his words reign true. Trust me, Rockstar is doign us a favor. So many companies these days rush out their games and we got half-assed games and some companies like Crapcom keep locking content and sellling it as DLC. You all should be glad Rockstar is one of the only few honorable VG companies in this day and age.

I don't think that anyone questions how honorable rockstar is as a gaming company, however, they have poor management that is getting worse and worse as the years pass by.
Gta v is being released in the worst time possible (generation transition), if you read the critics on glassdoor, the employees say that upper management is a mess and that there is no middle management, plus, all work goes through rockstar nyc first.