"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever"- Shigeru Miyamoto

#31stokes12Posted 2/3/2013 1:42:42 PM
toliveira posted...
LordYggdrasilXX posted...
I know some of you PS3/360 people don't know who that is, but his words reign true. Trust me, Rockstar is doign us a favor. So many companies these days rush out their games and we got half-assed games and some companies like Crapcom keep locking content and sellling it as DLC. You all should be glad Rockstar is one of the only few honorable VG companies in this day and age.

I don't think that anyone questions how honorable rockstar is as a gaming company, however, they have poor management that is getting worse and worse as the years pass by.
Gta v is being released in the worst time possible (generation transition), if you read the critics on glassdoor, the employees say that upper management is a mess and that there is no middle management, plus, all work goes through rockstar nyc first.

If the last transition is anything to go by then releasing it during a transitional period won't hurt things much, it took ages for the PS3 to start outselling the PS2 in most of the major markets.
#32LordPonchoPosted 2/3/2013 3:08:44 PM
toliveira posted...
I know some of you PS3/360 people don't know who that is, but his words reign true. Trust me, Rockstar is doign us a favor. So many companies these days rush out their games and we got half-assed games and some companies like Crapcom keep locking content and sellling it as DLC. You all should be glad Rockstar is one of the only few honorable VG companies in this day and age.

I don't think that anyone questions how honorable rockstar is as a gaming company, however, they have poor management that is getting worse and worse as the years pass by.
Gta v is being released in the worst time possible (generation transition), if you read the critics on glassdoor, the employees say that upper management is a mess and that there is no middle management, plus, all work goes through rockstar nyc first.

We have two "insider" views that say the opposite. That said, a company like Rockstar doesn't churn out such quality titles with bad management and low morale, so I'm inclined to say you're making that up.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#33Sword_of_DuskPosted 2/3/2013 3:49:14 PM
I don't think the console transition will be a problem. The new systems will need time to mature, plus it probably won't be too many folks eager to upgrade when current gen systems are still going strong.
---
"The angels have the phone box".
#34RunetheKoopaPosted 2/4/2013 5:44:19 AM
kylekillgannon posted...
Ocarina of Time was finally just shot out, after cutting away a lot of the final ideas and it was by and large one of the best games.

Ocarina of Time was extremely overrated.
#35kylekillgannonPosted 2/4/2013 11:47:59 AM
RunetheKoopa posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
Ocarina of Time was finally just shot out, after cutting away a lot of the final ideas and it was by and large one of the best games.

Ignoring the fact that it was extremely well received for a game that was decidedly rushed out finally after being delayed twice and still incomplete.

And even then you have the quintessential Zelda game, and easily one of the best games made by Nintendo.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#36ender003Posted 2/4/2013 1:03:45 PM
That quote was made before patches became popular.
---
I've never had McDonald's. And I never will. I have also never had spaghetti.
#37VarcausPosted 2/4/2013 1:18:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#38VarcausPosted 2/4/2013 1:22:59 PM
Varcaus posted...

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullsh1t. Shigeru Miyamoto is banking on the brain-dead mall crowd to tweet Rockstars propaganda "BS".

EDGE Magazine called GTA IV "DIGITAL CRACK"After a pre release screening that later turned out was only a pre delay pre release screening. I still remember the disheveled look of the reviewer, according to him Rockstar kept them secluded in what could only be described as Abu Ghraib like conditions.

According to the same reviewer they were not allowed to eat only drink Red Bull and shots of Five Hour Energy. No wonder they claimed the carnival rides at the GTA IV fair worked, perhaps it was the caffeine induced psychosis.

The truth is no self respecting movie critic would ever review an unfinished film. However, we know video game reviewers are divorced from reality.

It's Official, the much advertised working carnival rides are non functional in the final game.

There was discussion whether GTA V trailer featured actually in-game footage. Rockstar claimed that the footage was of real-time gameplay. However the footage having "almost too much polish" is nothing more than "blatantly pretend in-game CGI

If Rockstar is trying to change what the web has to say about GTA, itís going to have its work cut out.

sidstarter posted...
Duke Nukem was still bad. Your point is invalid.

With his IQ, I don't think he would understand.
#39Purple_BenderPosted 2/4/2013 1:33:35 PM
RunetheKoopa posted...
kylekillgannon posted...

Not "hip" enough for you?
---
Xbox 360 Gamertag: EnergyTurtle23
#40nativenginePosted 2/4/2013 1:35:59 PM
RunetheKoopa posted...
kylekillgannon posted...

What?
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board