When do you think GTA will get a female lead?

#1CruelBuffaloPosted 2/2/2013 10:37:58 AM
nt
#2nazacuckooPosted 2/2/2013 12:33:57 PM
Probably never, unfortunately.
---
If there is one thing I have learned from years of watching cartoons as a kid, its that you don't F*** with Shamans >:D
#3MasterMoronPosted 2/2/2013 10:08:56 PM
Around the same time that they make a female James Bond. I remember there was talk of spinning of Halle Berry's character from that one James Bond movie into a series of spy movies, but it would never have worked. We're just not at a place in society where we can accept a female character having sex with a different man every movie. A female lead in Grand Theft Auto would have the same problem. Sure, Niko Belic can have 5 different girlfriends and have sex with them all(except that ice queen Kate), but put a female character there and allow the player to have sex with a bunch of different boyfriends? I'd like it, but some people are just too close minded.
#4dontneedanamePosted 2/2/2013 10:28:28 PM
How would hookers and strip clubs even work? Female lead would automatically be a lesbian?
#5Chrono_SyndromePosted 2/2/2013 11:06:58 PM(edited)
>>Around the same time that they make a female James Bond
Basically any female character Spy Kids series. Sad, but true.

>>How would hookers and strip clubs even work?
Mostly at night shifts, just as always.
#6FenrimisPosted 2/3/2013 12:21:20 AM
Female lead killed final fantasy, I wont let it kill GTA!
#7CyberneticRatPosted 2/3/2013 1:23:53 AM
MasterMoron posted...
Around the same time that they make a female James Bond. I remember there was talk of spinning of Halle Berry's character from that one James Bond movie into a series of spy movies, but it would never have worked. We're just not at a place in society where we can accept a female character having sex with a different man every movie. A female lead in Grand Theft Auto would have the same problem. Sure, Niko Belic can have 5 different girlfriends and have sex with them all(except that ice queen Kate), but put a female character there and allow the player to have sex with a bunch of different boyfriends? I'd like it, but some people are just too close minded.

I agree with you.

Guy who sleeps around with women = Greatest man to have ever lived.

Women who sleeps around with men = A complete slut.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#8blahblahtsonPosted 2/3/2013 12:49:10 PM
dontneedaname posted...
How would hookers and strip clubs even work? Female lead would automatically be a lesbian?

I always thought the whole "girlfriend" dynamic in the game was kinda stupid. I'd rather have one interests that actually has some impact on the story than several that don't. That being said, I would have no problem with a lesbian lead, or if they got rid of strip clubs (A nice, but unnecessary, touch), or even if they replaced them with boyfriends/male strip clubs.

CyberneticRat posted...
Guy who sleeps around with women = Greatest man to have ever lived.

Women who sleeps around with men = A complete slut.

Even then, I'd be fine with that. It isn't required for you to get all of the girlfriends. I was just fine with Katie being my only girlfriend because she had impact on the story. Giving a female lead more than one boyfriend may make her a slut, but that could also tie into her character. She could be a sex addict and a sociopath. That, or as stated before, a lesbian.
#9namewitheldPosted 2/3/2013 1:11:28 PM
Hint: violent crimes are almost always commited by males.
#10pITUFo_cRUDoPosted 2/3/2013 1:19:59 PM
When the franchise finally comes to an end.