When do you think GTA will get a female lead?

#21G-ZissPosted 2/4/2013 10:07:01 AM
When Rockstar wants to release a bad one.
#22joelanator0492Posted 2/4/2013 11:55:30 AM
I'm all for womens' equality and everything but a female lead in a GTA series would be really hard to make relatable to the average GTA player, which is male. Now, if R* made a Sex and the City type game, a female lead would make perfect sense. I wouldn't play it, but it would make obvious sense for the lead character to be female.

Everyone always wants to be fair and say "There are no differences between men and women! We are all the same!" I'm going to disagree with that. We are all different and that's a good thing. This doesn't mean that I think women are inferior and that they should be suppressed by their male counterpart but I believe in differences and those differences being our forte. Equality in rights and opinions are great and I encourage it, however, I believe that when we can come to grips with the reality that men and women are different and that we can learn to utilize our differences to work together, then we can move forward as a society.

If you pick a side in the fight for equality, then you are not fighting for equality.
#23hellfire582Posted 2/4/2013 12:45:34 PM
MasterMoron posted...
Around the same time that they make a female James Bond. I remember there was talk of spinning of Halle Berry's character from that one James Bond movie into a series of spy movies, but it would never have worked. We're just not at a place in society where we can accept a female character having sex with a different man every movie. A female lead in Grand Theft Auto would have the same problem. Sure, Niko Belic can have 5 different girlfriends and have sex with them all(except that ice queen Kate), but put a female character there and allow the player to have sex with a bunch of different boyfriends? I'd like it, but some people are just too close minded.

I don't think it's close-minded to not want to play as a female character. If there were some potential appeal for having a female character, I could see your point, but I can't think of any way it would add to the game. It's just way easier for male players to relate to a male character.

It would be closed-minded if we felt this way out of some sexist motivation, but it's really more about a male character being more suitable for the game. It's kinda like asking why there aren't any female characters in Madden games. It would just be out of place and unrealistic to put a female in that character role.
#24namewitheldPosted 2/4/2013 2:29:11 PM
Chrono_Syndrome posted...
Hint: violent crimes are almost always commited by males.

Hint: car-jacking is not a violent crime.

I've never heard of a lesbian visiting a hooker.

Let's put it other way: did you heard about serious criminal visiting a hooker (not reverse) ?

GTA IV involved killing about 1000 people in the missions ALONE.

Just because Female Heroines are en vogue at the moment doent mean Rockstar should shoehorn one in. ESPECIALLY given how character driven these games actually are. It isnt ME where the sex of character is only relevant to 'ROMANCE' options.

Lets avoid homoginising games made by one of the two good developers left in existance.
#25BardockpwnsjooPosted 2/4/2013 3:34:25 PM
People act like there's not tons of crap around that doesn't have female leads. There have been plenty of movies, TV Series, books, and other things with THE BADASS FEMALE LEAD WHO TAKES ON MEN AND ALWAYS WINS!!

It's boring, tiresome, and overdone already. That's why you hardly see it. It's already been done, it's being done, and it's tiresome as hell.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#26nativenginePosted 2/4/2013 3:35:56 PM
Girls have periods, periods attract bears. Do you want a bear knocking down your door when you play GTA?
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#27Mortuss_ZeroPosted 2/4/2013 8:23:10 PM
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
People act like there's not tons of crap around that doesn't have female leads. There have been plenty of movies, TV Series, books, and other things with THE BADASS FEMALE LEAD WHO TAKES ON MEN AND ALWAYS WINS!!

It's boring, tiresome, and overdone already. That's why you hardly see it. It's already been done, it's being done, and it's tiresome as hell.

You're right, THE BADASS ____ LEAD WHO TAKES ON ______ AND ALWAYS WINS!! is trite, cliche and boring. Good thing video games with male leads never fit that description. I'm not really gonna pick a side here, but your logic is poo and I like to point that out. Also, male leads are more common in everyone of those media you named, or at least the ones that correlate more to games (action, action/drama, fantasy, sci-fi), which are the ones you're talking about anyway. Sounds to me like you just can't imagine a female gamer, or a female gamer who wants someone as relatable to her as Niko was to you. That's my two cents, and I will leave you to your anger.
---
Wake up and face me. Don't play dead, because maybe one day I will walk away and say "you disappoint me, maybe you're better off this way"
#28Chrono_SyndromePosted 2/5/2013 3:23:10 AM(edited)
When Rockstar wants to release a bad one.

They ever released any good one after second part ?

GTA IV involved killing about 1000 people in the missions ALONE.

Hint: it was perfectly possible to complete GTA1 and GTA2 without single murder. Sure, hard enough (a bit easier in GTA1 due to car selling), but doable.

ESPECIALLY given how character driven these games actually are

Sandbox game driven by character is awesome enough at it's own, yet pray tell, what actually stops female car-jacers from being picked by local mafia structures ? Do you really believe that such things does not happen on regular baisis ?

Do you want a bear knocking down your door when you play GTA?

Hm, replacing my old mat with classy bear skin... Hm-hm.
#29thechairmenPosted 2/5/2013 8:29:46 AM
I agree with you.

Guy who sleeps around with women = Greatest man to have ever lived.

Women who sleeps around with men = A complete slut.

While I dont like women being shamed for having sex partners. There is a good reason for this.

The amount of work a man puts in to get good a getting women or being sexually attractice to women is for the most part a lot more difficult than a woman that gets a lot of men sexually attracted to her.

This is probably going to be a weird comment but many guys has asked my sister or female friends out. I however have never had a girl ask me out. I had to (when I was younger at peast) get the confidence to break the ice and start a conversation or ask the girl I like out and make the first move in general and for most guys this is the case. So its more impressive when a regular guy like us get good a sleeping with women knowing what it takes to get a woman sexually interested to begin with.
---
GT: thecking
PSN: ColintheGreat
#30PepeSilvia906Posted 2/5/2013 8:34:10 AM
CyberneticRat posted...
MasterMoron posted...
Around the same time that they make a female James Bond. I remember there was talk of spinning of Halle Berry's character from that one James Bond movie into a series of spy movies, but it would never have worked. We're just not at a place in society where we can accept a female character having sex with a different man every movie. A female lead in Grand Theft Auto would have the same problem. Sure, Niko Belic can have 5 different girlfriends and have sex with them all(except that ice queen Kate), but put a female character there and allow the player to have sex with a bunch of different boyfriends? I'd like it, but some people are just too close minded.

I agree with you.

Guy who sleeps around with women = Greatest man to have ever lived.

Women who sleeps around with men = A complete slut.

Nah, those kind of guys are pretty much sluts, too.
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile