When do you think GTA will get a female lead?

#31Achronos117Posted 2/5/2013 7:36:56 AM
Uh, to the hombre who said Griselda Blanco was only a pick pocket prostitute, were are you getting your info? That's how she started, she quickly elevated her self to a drug queen pin, murdered all of her husbands and most of her lovers and she ordered over 200 gangland execution style hits, including the Dadeland county mall shooting that kicked off the "Cocaine Cowboy Wars". Another prime example would be Catalina, from GTA:SA/III, she would have made a great protagonist. And then there's the lady shylock, Lorraine Colluzzo, from the 5th Season of the Sopranos. Women are in crime, there's not really a precedent for it. Who knows, perhaps Rockstar plans on releasing episodic DLC GTA 4 style, with new protagonists in each one, one of which happening to be a female lead. Given the initial reaction to CJ and how awesome that turned out, I'm completely open to it, and so should we all, any true fans at least. In Rockstar we trust, they haven't failed us yet.

(Yes, I realize I'm playing into the 1 female to 1,000 male criminal, crowds hands by referencing 1 actual woman criminal and 2 fictional ones.)
---
Quick, to the Hinden-Peter!
#32Achronos117Posted 2/5/2013 7:38:23 AM
Also, a key that opens several different locks is a master key, a lock that is opened by many different keys is a crappy lock. Juss'sayin'
---
#33joelanator0492Posted 2/5/2013 8:03:51 AM
Achronos117 posted...
Also, a key that opens several different locks is a master key, a lock that is opened by many different keys is a crappy lock. Juss'sayin'

Yet the room that is only opened by 1 specific key (not a master key) holds the largest treasures.
#34lostoutlawnbPosted 2/5/2013 8:18:02 AM
I could see rockstar trying a female lead with dlc content like gta4 had
#35nativenginePosted 2/5/2013 8:38:13 AM
Achronos117 posted...
Uh, to the hombre who said Griselda Blanco was only a pick pocket prostitute, were are you getting your info? That's how she started, she quickly elevated her self to a drug queen pin, murdered all of her husbands and most of her lovers and she ordered over 200 gangland execution style hits, including the Dadeland county mall shooting that kicked off the "Cocaine Cowboy Wars". Another prime example would be Catalina, from GTA:SA/III, she would have made a great protagonist. And then there's the lady shylock, Lorraine Colluzzo, from the 5th Season of the Sopranos. Women are in crime, there's not really a precedent for it. Who knows, perhaps Rockstar plans on releasing episodic DLC GTA 4 style, with new protagonists in each one, one of which happening to be a female lead. Given the initial reaction to CJ and how awesome that turned out, I'm completely open to it, and so should we all, any true fans at least. In Rockstar we trust, they haven't failed us yet.

(Yes, I realize I'm playing into the 1 female to 1,000 male criminal, crowds hands by referencing 1 actual woman criminal and 2 fictional ones.)

Yeah I know she did other things but my point was she isn't a great example of a GTA protagonist. For example she "ordered" over 200 gangland hits, key word: ordered. That's not to say she didn't cut some folks though. Typical of female crimes as well is crimes of passion, killing a lover. I'm not saying she wasn't a dangerious chica but she was a shot caller, not a criminal grunt. Again, I'm all for a female lead but it has to be done right, not just shoehorned in there because.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#36TtotheJ123Posted 2/5/2013 9:07:39 AM
The problem with a female lead protag in a game like GTA is either:

1) Other characters (understandably) comment on, scoff at, or write off the sex of the PC.

2) Other characters do NOT comment on, scoff at, or write off the sex of the PC, and completely accept that a female is hired muscle/carjacking/running from the police, which in itself is unrealistic, and becomes too much of a distraction from the actual story.

I think it would have been more likely in the GTA 3 universe, but the IV and V universes are a little more grounded in their realism.

I think Rockstar COULD make it work, but I don't know if they are comfortable stepping in that direction when there is no real problem with a male protag.

I think it would be more logical at this point to have a strong supporting female character. Doesn't necessarily have to be a gun toting criminal but definitely more than just the love interest, like Kate was.

Who knows, maybe Michael's wife or Franklin's girlfriend will be interesting.
---
I've been under fire before. Well ... I've been in a fire. Actually, I was fired. I can handle myself.
#37Achronos117Posted 2/5/2013 9:49:21 AM
joelanator0492 posted...
Achronos117 posted...

Yet the room that is only opened by 1 specific key (not a master key) holds the largest treasures.

clinkingchampagneglass.jpeg

There's definitely a lot of things that would have to go right for a female lead. Knowing Rockstar, they'd handle that decision with care. I could see a female lead evolving along a Griselda Blanco / Catalina type story arc. Maybe do two protagonists. Have the female start off as a prostitute, purse snatching pick pocket who is starting to get sick of the life. One of her frequent "johns" (clients) is a low level gangster who starts to feel disrespect, stepped over. He has an association with her pimp because her pimp has a business arrangement with his boss. The two could decide to double cross their bosses, with the gangster killing the pimp in a drug deal and the prostitute killing the gangsters boss while shes doing him, form their they consolidate and take over the pimps drug dealing enterprise and have to fight off the bosses old partners/underlings while building and maintaining an empire/power base of their own. Over the course of the game maybe the female gains the upper hand and goes from doing with hits with her lover, to ordering hits for him to carry out.

Yes, I realize I'm borrowing heavily from True Romance.
---
#38Gtalady91Posted 2/5/2013 10:04:13 AM
Achronos117 posted...
joelanator0492 posted...
Achronos117 posted...

clinkingchampagneglass.jpeg

There's definitely a lot of things that would have to go right for a female lead. Knowing Rockstar, they'd handle that decision with care. I could see a female lead evolving along a Griselda Blanco / Catalina type story arc. Maybe do two protagonists. Have the female start off as a prostitute, purse snatching pick pocket who is starting to get sick of the life. One of her frequent "johns" (clients) is a low level gangster who starts to feel disrespect, stepped over. He has an association with her pimp because her pimp has a business arrangement with his boss. The two could decide to double cross their bosses, with the gangster killing the pimp in a drug deal and the prostitute killing the gangsters boss while shes doing him, form their they consolidate and take over the pimps drug dealing enterprise and have to fight off the bosses old partners/underlings while building and maintaining an empire/power base of their own. Over the course of the game maybe the female gains the upper hand and goes from doing with hits with her lover, to ordering hits for him to carry out.

Yes, I realize I'm borrowing heavily from True Romance.

What a positive female lead youve come up with
Sarcasm
Feminist would **** their panties if that was to come true
"Look gta hates women shes a whore"
---
Gt: Detroit Code
If you ain't first your last
#39Achronos117Posted 2/5/2013 10:29:22 AM
In a game filed with ridiculous over the top criminal stereotypes, everything's got to be positive? CJ being a stereotypical gangbanger, surrounded by other stereotypical gangbangers, thats positive? I was putting forth an idea, something to work with. Look at Trevor, psychopathic redneck crank addict living in a filfthy trailer park. I guess thats not offensive to people with crack addictions living in trailer parks. The thing feminisits, liberals and progressive types don't understand is that it's a game!!! No one is putting a gun to their head to force them to play it, they have the choice to say "No, I'm not gonna pay money to play this game." And did you miss the part where she would get tired of her profession and shoot her way out? Like Alabama Worley but with more balls. What ideas do you have for a positive female lead?
---
#40Gtalady91Posted 2/5/2013 10:54:58 AM
IDL but maybe one that doesnt involve sucking ****?
Just a start
Lets try this
A early 30's mob bosses daughter
A spitting image of her dad
Aggressive, cold and fearless
Involved in the family "business"
Has even help dad "persuade" some guys
Has a vast knowledge of weapons having been around em forever
Father gets whacked by his right hand man in a bid to take over the family. She escapes with her life and runs to a old associate of her fathers. In true GTA fashion she seeks revenge, for her father and to claim the family business for her own. She takes a journey, seeking help from various people who her father use to be associated with but were also cut out by the right hand man. Some won't take her serious but realize she's a spitting image of her old man, ruthless cruel and calculated.

A bit better then some crack whore **** sucker if you ask me
---
Gt: Detroit Code
If you ain't first your last