It's obviously been delayed for next gen consols

#11LordPonchoPosted 2/3/2013 2:29:42 AM
pyrokinesis666 posted...
now its also gonna have to compete with watchdogs.

i believe watchdogs will come out between september and november

Ubi isn't dumb enough to pit it against GTA. And we don't even know how Watch Dogs will play. It's getting extremely irritating seeing people act as if they know what it'll be like. For all we know, it's premise could be similar to The Saboteur or Just Cause.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#12blacklabelicePosted 2/3/2013 2:36:36 AM(edited)
i dont think a franchise as successful as grand theft auto needs to worry about competing with other games. it might slow down the gamers that are only able to afford one game every month or whatever. this game will sell itself. even if it turns out total crap, it will definately be a top seller reguardless based on the franchise alone.

but i find it likely that gta5 will get ported to the next gens pretty quickly. why wouldnt it? gta used to be a playstation exclusive. they ported that over too. they even ported SA and VC to 360 as well. who's to say it wont eventually come out on next gen consoles? it would surprise me more if it didnt.
#13RabitePosted 2/3/2013 6:27:26 PM
The only game that stands a realistic chance against GTAV would be CoD. Which I don't think GTAV will be able to beat.
---
What's a rabite doing in a place like this?
If all else fails use fire - Zelda 2 | Common sense isn't
#14FromanothertimePosted 2/3/2013 8:27:10 PM
I know that it's definitely for the current consoles. However, does anybody know if it's possible they port it over to the next gen later on? A PC version usually comes out months later. Would this be too time consuming and costly for R*? Or a way to make this game truly shine later on?
---
I love F.A.T. chicks
#15MaverikGuyverPosted 2/4/2013 12:06:32 AM
It's definitely possible they do a release on both (Burnout Revenge and Need for Speed Carbon did exactly that).

In any case the game will still be released on current so we can all relax and just sit tight till September.
---
GT = Maverick Guyver:- Who needs a main? With random select I can use everyone's moves! :D
#16Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 2/5/2013 5:53:00 PM
the earliest the release of the next xbox or PS is going to be at the end of 2014. and thats at the earliest depending on if they announce anything at e3 this year
---
The bears can smell the menstruation
#17deimos91Posted 2/5/2013 5:56:52 PM
Rabite posted...
The only game that stands a realistic chance against GTAV would be CoD. Which I don't think GTAV will be able to beat.

sadly true one of the best big sellers against the worst of the big sellers
---
steam:fartman91/3DSFC:3265-5740-7951