C/D Would you be happy if the combat was essentially like Max Payne 3?

#1Governator00Posted 2/3/2013 12:10:51 PM
Would you be happy with MP3 style combat (minus bullet time) - Results (163 votes)
Yes
44.17% (72 votes)
No
22.7% (37 votes)
Maybe, with certain changes
33.13% (54 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I would be very happy if combat was pretty much the same as MP3 minus the bullet time. It's awesome seeing bullets actually effect the environment.
---
Nothings right with you if nothings wrong with you.
#2iomega311Posted 2/3/2013 2:31:32 PM
The Max Payne 3 gameplay was exactly the same as what we saw in RDR, just with dat bulletime and Shootdodge thrown in the mix.
---
More proof that committing actual violence inspires the playing of violent video games.
http://backloggery.com/iomega311
#3LordPonchoPosted 2/3/2013 2:59:12 PM
iomega311 posted...
The Max Payne 3 gameplay was exactly the same as what we saw in RDR, just with dat bulletime and Shootdodge thrown in the mix.

Which was further refined gunplay from GTA IV.

So this topic makes no sense. We're essentially asking if we would like more IV gunplay, which worked just fine.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#4silver_stonerPosted 2/3/2013 3:46:22 PM
I would not reject a new combat system , but I would prefer the one from RDR (Red dead redemption).

I have not played max payne 3 , so I have no ideal if they are similar

---
I AGREE Gaste my sig?
Star wars battlefront 3 is needed- sig inspired by zerooo0
#5Da_doppenPosted 2/3/2013 5:52:37 PM
No, MP3 was horrible. Just cover based shooting with some suicide slow-mo manouvers thrown in. But I knew before I even played it that it wouldn't measure up to MP2, so whatever. Rockstar doesn't know what the word "fluid" means.
---
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names!
#6tzar_666Posted 2/3/2013 5:54:57 PM
i donno i liked max payne 3. as long as there is no auto aim. or i can use soft aim
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#7joelanator0492Posted 2/3/2013 6:56:18 PM(edited)
Da_doppen posted...
No, MP3 was horrible. Just cover based shooting with some suicide slow-mo manouvers thrown in. But I knew before I even played it that it wouldn't measure up to MP2, so whatever. Rockstar doesn't know what the word "fluid" means.

Your opinion is stupid.
#8tzar_666Posted 2/3/2013 10:37:25 PM
joelanator0492 posted...
Da_doppen posted...

Your opinion is stupid.

dont call other people names
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#9Da_doppenPosted 2/3/2013 11:49:18 PM
Da_doppen posted...

Your opinion is stupid.

I don't see how someone could think otherwise unless they never played MP1 or MP2.
---
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names!
#10Mentalpatient87Posted 2/4/2013 2:01:53 PM
Da_doppen posted...
Da_doppen posted...

Your opinion is stupid.

I don't see how someone could think otherwise unless they never played MP1 or MP2.

I played them. Played the hell out of them. And your opinion is not only stupid, but wrong. I ran through MP3 using minimal cover. Just a duck down and catch my breath every so often when a fight got heated. You must have been playing like a wuss and hiding behind a box the whole time.

You say R* doesn't know what fluid means, I think you're the one who needs to read up.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"