C/D Would you be happy if the combat was essentially like Max Payne 3?

#31joelanator0492Posted 2/5/2013 8:01:13 AM
LordPoncho posted...
Da_doppen posted...
To the guy that was saying some stupid **** about fluidity...your opinion is stupid. You clearly have no idea what animation is, or even remotely understand what it is to have a sense of realism in the animation. Let me guess, you like call of duty--or the like, where your characters can sprint while turning on a dime. If people wanted ice skating, they would play nba live.....OH WAIT...

Once again, I'm talking about character movement. How they feel when I control them, not how they look while moving. And no, I don't like CoD, seeing as it's a modern shooter and I just said I don't like those. I play games with far more supernatural movement in general, like fighting games, Hack n' Slash, Beat 'em Up, platformers etc.

So because MP3 isn't your type of game, you criticize things it did perfectly? Your arguments are invalid in this case, you're spinning it with a personal bias. To say that MP3 isn't fluid is just a blatant lie. To say you didn't enjoy MP3 but not bash on things it did well, that would be more reasonable.

Now that plenty of people have agreed with me and you've done nothing to help your own opinion, I'm going to say it one last time.

Your opinion is stupid, Da_doppen, and you have good reasons or rhetoric. I'd love to go on and continue to debate you, but that would require a good argument on the opposing side.
#32Da_doppenPosted 2/5/2013 8:28:27 AM
personal bias

It would be weird if my personal opinion was unbiased. I've never stated anything being something other than my personal opinion, other than...

To say that MP3 isn't fluid is just a blatant lie

But it isn't, in comparison to the games I usually play. Everything has start-up and recovery, and can't be cancelled by anything. My biggest gripe was how painfully slow you aimed during a bullet dodge, and how you'd bang your head against the wall (Although that was slightly hilarious the first few times).

Well considering how max payne falls in none of those categories, your complaints make no sense.

If shooters had stayed the same for the last ten years, then they would have made the list as well. Can't say I play shooters when the last one I liked was released before this console generation.

Btw, it's not like I think MP3 is a horrible game. It's like 6 or 7/10. But the fact that it's Max Payne leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.
---
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names!
#33Estabon1Posted 2/5/2013 8:35:10 AM
R* perfected shooting in MP3, I'd want it no other way.
---
XBL GT: Estabon89
From a problematic PC to a whiney girlfriend, nothing beats a foot full of fury.- Bubs
#34LordPonchoPosted 2/5/2013 9:01:46 AM
Da_doppen posted...
personal bias

It would be weird if my personal opinion was unbiased. I've never stated anything being something other than my personal opinion, other than...

To say that MP3 isn't fluid is just a blatant lie

But it isn't, in comparison to the games I usually play. Everything has start-up and recovery, and can't be cancelled by anything. My biggest gripe was how painfully slow you aimed during a bullet dodge, and how you'd bang your head against the wall (Although that was slightly hilarious the first few times).

Well considering how max payne falls in none of those categories, your complaints make no sense.

If shooters had stayed the same for the last ten years, then they would have made the list as well. Can't say I play shooters when the last one I liked was released before this console generation.

Btw, it's not like I think MP3 is a horrible game. It's like 6 or 7/10. But the fact that it's Max Payne leaves a really bad taste in my mouth.

You need to learn what fluid means.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#35joelanator0492Posted 2/5/2013 9:09:21 AM
joelanator0492 posted...
LordPoncho posted...
Da_doppen posted...
To the guy that was saying some stupid **** about fluidity...your opinion is stupid. You clearly have no idea what animation is, or even remotely understand what it is to have a sense of realism in the animation. Let me guess, you like call of duty--or the like, where your characters can sprint while turning on a dime. If people wanted ice skating, they would play nba live.....OH WAIT...

Once again, I'm talking about character movement. How they feel when I control them, not how they look while moving. And no, I don't like CoD, seeing as it's a modern shooter and I just said I don't like those. I play games with far more supernatural movement in general, like fighting games, Hack n' Slash, Beat 'em Up, platformers etc.

So because MP3 isn't your type of game, you criticize things it did perfectly? Your arguments are invalid in this case, you're spinning it with a personal bias. To say that MP3 isn't fluid is just a blatant lie. To say you didn't enjoy MP3 but not bash on things it did well, that would be more reasonable.

Now that plenty of people have agreed with me and you've done nothing to help your own opinion, I'm going to say it one last time.

Your opinion is stupid, Da_doppen, and you have NO good reasons or rhetoric. I'd love to go on and continue to debate you, but that would require a good argument on the opposing side.

fixed. (I hate when I make typos.)
#36Da_doppenPosted 2/5/2013 9:30:51 AM(edited)

Not really, no. It can mean a lot of things, and it's not my fault if you insist I'm talking about something I'm not.

But whatever, I've said what I came here to say. No need to prolong this any further. I hate Rockstar for what they did to GTA and MP, and I won't buy this game because of it, so what I think doesn't really matter.
---
#37joelanator0492Posted 2/5/2013 9:40:48 AM
Da_doppen posted...
Not really, no. It can mean a lot of things (in reference to the word "fluid")

No, fluid as an adjective has one meaning.

Da_doppen posted...
But whatever, I've said what I came here to say. No need to prolong this any further. I hate Rockstar for what they did to GTA and MP, and I won't buy this game because of it, so what I think doesn't really matter.

Then leave this board. You're opinions don't make any sense and don't belong on a board full of people that will actually buy the game.
#38LordPonchoPosted 2/5/2013 10:05:00 AM
Da_doppen posted...

Not really, no. It can mean a lot of things, and it's not my fault if you insist I'm talking about something I'm not.

You're saying because the controls aren't Madden ice skating, they aren't fluid. Those controls are snappy. Not fluid.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#39Da_doppenPosted 2/5/2013 10:10:17 AM
No, fluid as an adjective has one meaning.

Ok, so the game is a liquid? Coz that's what I'd have to say "being fluid" means if it only had one meaning.

Then leave this board.

I have the right to say what I want even if I don't play to buy it, thank you very much. But like I said, I AM leaving. However, it's hard when you keep writing things for me to respond to.
---
#40FutureShockUKPosted 2/5/2013 12:22:38 PM
I'd love it. MP3 was one of the best TPS's I've played, really a good game.

Whilst I'll agree that 3 wasn't the same as 1 & 2, I feel that both games have reasons that they are good. For example, 1 & 2 had more of a charm to them and a better story, but 3 has infinitely superior gunplay, animation visual to it.
---
Best in the World!
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK