when do you guys think they will start with the gameplay introduction videos?

#1behemoth056Posted 2/3/2013 12:50:55 PM
like they did with red dead, L.A. noire and max payne. they will surely do one for this too. i was thinking march and april but since the game is now in september now i'm thinking in the summer. what about you guys.
---
My aunt always told me that "slow and steady wins the race." She died in a house fire.
#2greivous5Posted 2/4/2013 12:02:39 PM
I'm not sure they will. GTA IV didn't have any and it added to the hype of what the actual gameplay would look like. I'm not saying they wont do it but I think they might try and leave what the gameplay looks like a surprise.
#3nativenginePosted 2/4/2013 12:59:09 PM
June 3rd 2013, why you ask? I don't know but that's when will be getting gameplay.

In all seriousness, do they even really release gameplay footage? After the first 2-3 trailers I just kinda ignore all the videos so as to not ruin too much of the game for myself.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#4hellfire582Posted 2/4/2013 1:08:01 PM
nativengine posted...
June 3rd 2013, why you ask? I don't know but that's when will be getting gameplay.

In all seriousness, do they even really release gameplay footage? After the first 2-3 trailers I just kinda ignore all the videos so as to not ruin too much of the game for myself.

I wouldn't mind some gameplay showing that we do indeed get to use the planes we saw in the trailer.
#5PepeSilvia906Posted 2/4/2013 1:09:20 PM
They probably won't do any. They did them for RDR, LA Noire, and MP3 because they were either sequels to games that came out a long time ago that not many people may have known about, or a completely new IP, like LA Noire.
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#6nativenginePosted 2/4/2013 2:08:38 PM
hellfire582 posted...
nativengine posted...

I wouldn't mind some gameplay showing that we do indeed get to use the planes we saw in the trailer.

Oh my, could you imagine the outrage there would be if we couldn't fly those planes? People might burn Rockstar to the ground if that was the case.
---
#7Achronos117Posted 2/5/2013 7:42:29 AM
Not to mention that they started doing those beautifully awesome videos after GTA 4. Everyone knows Grand Theft Auto, like you said, those videos were for older/new franchises. Dat guys voice tho...my God, those videos sold and got my hyped beyond all reason for RDR, LA Noire and MP3 like nothing else. All you have to say is GTA 5, see those 2 trailers, and everything all those gameplay videos did for the previous 3 games, is done just as effectively. For a series as popular and well known as GTA, a series of gameplay introduction videos like that would be beating us over the head with a club / a slow slooow form of excruciating torture as the days/weeks/months tick off the calendar.
---
Quick, to the Hinden-Peter!
#8TtotheJ123Posted 2/5/2013 8:46:14 AM
I have a feeling they won't be showing those gameplay trailers. That isn't to say they won't, but knowing Rockstar's style, I don't think they will. Both were new worlds (or in Red Dead's case, a newly reintroduced world). The gameplay intro videos serve to build hype and let gamers know what they should expect with new IPs. Grand Theft Auto, however, is Rockstar's baby. GTA doesn't need to be hyped with gameplay vids; It hypes itself.

Like a few other posters said, I like the fact that I don't get to see new GTA gameplay until I am actually playing.
---
I've been under fire before. Well ... I've been in a fire. Actually, I was fired. I can handle myself.
#9ViciousXl2Posted 2/5/2013 2:37:25 PM
That feeling of playing GTA4 for the first time without even seeing any gameplay screenshots or videos was awesome.
---
All the world will be your enemy. Troll with a thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will mod you. But first they must catch you
#10nativenginePosted 2/5/2013 2:52:10 PM
ViciousXl2 posted...
That feeling of playing GTA4 for the first time without even seeing any gameplay screenshots or videos was awesome.

BOOM
this
---