I do not believe there should be a female lead in a GTA game

#1joelanator0492Posted 2/4/2013 11:58:40 AM
I posted this on another topic but I wanted to share with everyone else and see what they think.

I'm all for womens' equality and equal rights but a female lead in a GTA series would be really hard to make relatable to the average GTA player, which is male. Now, if R* made a Sex and the City type game, a female lead would make perfect sense. I wouldn't play it, but it would make obvious sense for the lead character to be female.

Everyone always wants to be fair and say "There are no differences between men and women! We are all the same!" I'm going to disagree with that. We are all different and that's a good thing. This doesn't mean that I think women are inferior and that they should be suppressed by their male counterpart but I believe in differences and those differences being our forte. Equality in rights and opinions are great and I encourage it, however, I believe that when we can come to grips with the reality that men and women are different and that we can learn to utilize our differences to work together, then we can move forward as a society.

If you pick a side in the fight for equality, then you are not fighting for equality.
#2taelos05Posted 2/4/2013 12:01:15 PM
Why does everyone want so much attention on these forums? And now I am in for a world of hate from an infantile child.
---
Currently Playing: BF3, Fifa 13, Diablo 3, CSGO
#3nativenginePosted 2/4/2013 12:04:14 PM
I pick the side of "this subject just needs to go away".
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#4joelanator0492(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 12:04:14 PM
taelos05 posted...
Why does everyone want so much attention on these forums? And now I am in for a world of hate from an infantile child.

I'm looking for more of a discussion rather than attention...

On a side note: I usually sing softly to my baby niece and rock her when she's getting crabby. It seems to work really well. Good luck.
#5Cr0ssFire_BlitZPosted 2/4/2013 12:05:56 PM
taelos05 posted...

Agreed. TC there are a bunch of topics on this already it's been hashed out and rehashed out in fact I'm almost sure you're trolling. But at least it isn't another release date topic
---
PSN- Cr0ssFire_Blitz
XBL- Cr0ss Justice
#6hellfire582Posted 2/4/2013 12:31:26 PM
joelanator0492 posted...
I posted this on another topic but I wanted to share with everyone else and see what they think.

I'm all for womens' equality and equal rights but a female lead in a GTA series would be really hard to make relatable to the average GTA player, which is male. Now, if R* made a Sex and the City type game, a female lead would make perfect sense. I wouldn't play it, but it would make obvious sense for the lead character to be female.

Everyone always wants to be fair and say "There are no differences between men and women! We are all the same!" I'm going to disagree with that. We are all different and that's a good thing. This doesn't mean that I think women are inferior and that they should be suppressed by their male counterpart but I believe in differences and those differences being our forte. Equality in rights and opinions are great and I encourage it, however, I believe that when we can come to grips with the reality that men and women are different and that we can learn to utilize our differences to work together, then we can move forward as a society.

If you pick a side in the fight for equality, then you are not fighting for equality.

Yea I agree completely. The simple fact is that the vast majority of GTA players, and I mean vast, are male. Obviously, most males would strongly prefer to play as a male character. Plus the premise of the game would be kinda silly with a female character. It would just be unrealistic to have a female character who does the stuff GTA characters do.

Also, I would just ignore the people who keep saying not to post topic like this since it has already been discussed. Not everyone visits this board everyday, so there are definitely people who come on here who have never had a chance to discuss this topic. There's nothing wrong with a topic coming up multiple times if it's of interest to people.
#7hellfire582Posted 2/4/2013 12:34:18 PM
Cr0ssFire_BlitZ posted...
taelos05 posted...

Agreed. TC there are a bunch of topics on this already it's been hashed out and rehashed out in fact I'm almost sure you're trolling. But at least it isn't another release date topic

Or maybe he doesn't come on this board everyday and he hasn't had a chance to discuss this yet. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a topic coming up numerous times if there are people who still want to discuss it.
#8joelanator0492(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:16:51 PM
I've been on here long enough to know when to ignore certain people. haha.

And there are many topics that can be approached from different views and angles. Some topic posts die out quickly, others keep coming up.

I also wanted to talk about a topic other than the release date.
#9joelanator0492(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2013 2:18:55 PM
I'm also pretty sure that you aren't required to click on every single topic that shows up on this board. Read a different one. I made the topic pretty clear by the title I used. I'm just offering up my own opinion on the subject.
#10iedahGPosted 2/4/2013 2:33:06 PM

Because rockstar barley showed any gameplay videos and hard details on the game.
since there is not anything meaningful to discuss people make stupid womanz and second/first amendment topics.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=) --" Make things easy for people, not difficult."