They better not be dumbing down this game for the COD crowd

#21WhitbanePosted 2/5/2013 5:06:25 AM
tzar_666 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/05/rockstar-explains-grand-theft-auto-5-delay
literally the only reason we’ve delayed the release is because we want the game to be as good as it needs to be.”

sooo. http://m.ign.com/wikis/grand-theft-auto-5/Delay_to_Cut_Down_on_Violence is fake. and does not exist..

WHOOSH. 10/10, would chuckle slightly at again.
---
Twilight Sparkle is Best Pone.
#22LordPonchoPosted 2/5/2013 8:36:12 AM
Whitbane posted...
tzar_666 posted...
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/02/05/rockstar-explains-grand-theft-auto-5-delay
literally the only reason we’ve delayed the release is because we want the game to be as good as it needs to be.”

sooo. http://m.ign.com/wikis/grand-theft-auto-5/Delay_to_Cut_Down_on_Violence is fake. and does not exist..

WHOOSH. 10/10, would chuckle slightly at again.

Oh boy. Someone finally fell for it.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#23paint87Posted 2/5/2013 8:42:32 AM
PepeSilvia906 posted...
You dummy, it was delayed because of next gen consoles. Literally EVERYONE knows that.

not true
---
PSN - whoonga_dagga
http://freebord.extole.com/a/clk/1mDRZv
#24PepeSilvia906Posted 2/5/2013 8:47:58 AM
paint87 posted...
PepeSilvia906 posted...
You dummy, it was delayed because of next gen consoles. Literally EVERYONE knows that.

not true

Whatever, man. Stay ignorant if you want. We here on planet Earth know the truth.
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#25LordPonchoPosted 2/5/2013 9:21:16 AM
PepeSilvia906 posted...
paint87 posted...
PepeSilvia906 posted...

not true

Whatever, man. Stay ignorant if you want. We here on planet Earth know the truth.

Dude. Are you a complete moron? It was delayed so it can be released on the original Wii.

www.joystiq.com/gtav-delayed-for-wii-port-as-well
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#26the_arisenPosted 2/5/2013 12:55:05 PM
Its not the COD players that they dumb games down for. Its the Non-players that they stream line games for... I am sure that they will still have lots of GTA goodness but you have to remember that gaming is starting to become extremely mainstream (whether we as a community like it or not.) You're starting to see alot more people who 5 or 6 years ago didnt play video games, coming to this wonderful medium that we have known about for a long time. Is that a bad thing? well thats debatable. I mean your not going to have the same level of ridiculously hard games coming out now, that we had when we were young (F-zero anyone??) However with the fact that it is becoming mainstream it means that companies can deliver a game with cinematic ups and downs that is still accessible to all yet still rewarding and worth while to play for those of us that like our games difficult. Thats why they have things like difficutly levels and hardcore mode. They try to make games a one size fits all, and you know usually with a little wiggling and adjusting, one size fits most
---
There is nothing in the bible that says Jesus wasnt a Veloci-Raptor
Raw dogging the internet (and your gf) since '93
#27monsterlunchbox(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 1:00:20 PM
I heard that COD players were really confused byt GTA IV, confused by the complex plot lines and characters. They were simply used to shooting at everything that moves, throwing lots of grenades, and not comprehending the ideas of plot, story arc, character development , and basic reading skills. I'm hoping that Rockstar doesn't stoop to their level of intelligence just for a few more sales.
#28nativenginePosted 2/5/2013 1:08:23 PM
monsterlunchbox posted...
I heard that COD players were really confused byt GTA IV, confused by the complex plot lines and characters. They were simply used to shooting at everything that moves, throwing lots of grenades, and not comprehending the ideas of plot, story arc, character development , and basic reading skills. I'm hoping that Rockstar doesn't stoop to their level of intelligence just for a few more sales.

Well I'd say a very large portion of people who buy GTA do so simply for the chaos. So I highly doubt they'd dumb the games story down when that crowd you speak of barely, if at all, play GTA for the story.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#29LordPonchoPosted 2/5/2013 2:03:19 PM
monsterlunchbox posted...

Really? I read that the average cod player has a higher IQ.

www.joystiq.com/cod-players-have-higher-iq
---
#30wwervinPosted 2/5/2013 2:32:35 PM
So anyone who likes and enjoys playing FPS games like CoD is the "lowest common denominator?" People like you need to get out there more. There are so many genres of games you've probably never even touched because you're so close minded.