Does anyone else not care about the heists?

#11FutureShockUKPosted 2/5/2013 2:30:00 AM
LordPoncho posted...
Payday;: The Heist was awesome, so I'm genuinely interested in heist games.

This so, so much. If someone with a bigger budget made a heist game, I'd be all for it. Especially if it's a genuine heist, with the ability to get in and out without force etc, and I expect R* could do that!
---
Best in the World!
GT:Future Shock UK PSN:FutureShockUK
#12pITUFo_cRUDoPosted 2/5/2013 4:22:24 AM
Meh, I could go either way on the heists. I'm sure they'll be fun but for me, GTA has always been about having fun/going crazy doing random things in a big open city. I felt that the first time I played San Andreas and felt that IV did a great job bringing in physics and attention to detail. This game is going to be so much more than just heists and robberies, it's Grand Theft Auto. Do I really need to say more?
#13Ilikemyname420Posted 2/5/2013 6:18:03 AM
I think concentrating more on heists will allow them to have characters who are more invested in themselves, rather than ending up basically as errand boys for others. It would allow them to write more nuanced motives rather than just 'my girlfriend shot me and I want revenge', ' someoned stole my Coke I need to get it back', my brother got arrested and I got to get him out', and 'Leave Roman Bellic alone! *cryface*'
#14nativenginePosted 2/5/2013 6:21:48 AM
Being that some of my favorite GTA missions revolved around heist I'm actually stoked. The game won't feature all heist missions, hell the one they showed GI was essentially a bad-ass rescue type mission by the looks and sounds of it.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#15womak2034Posted 2/5/2013 7:18:05 AM
How can you not be excited about a heist? Three Leaf Clover was hands down my favorite mission in GTA 4...so much that I started a new game after I beat my first game and made a save file just so that I could play that mission whenever I wanted to. Heists are bada$$
---
Not changing my sig until Resident Evil Outbreak File 3 is made 7/8/07
#16Achronos117Posted 2/5/2013 7:26:39 AM
MasturCheeff posted...
They said they're puttin an emphasis on heists. That doesn't mean the entire game is heists.

This. It's not going to be like 3 Leaf Clover. It will be more like Breaking the Bank at Caligula's from San Andreas and The Job from Vice City.

More like, it's going to be a lot like the build up and execution of Breaking the Bank and the Job as well as the payoff and aftermath of 3 Leaf Clover. 3 Leaf Clover was easily one of my top missions out of the GTA 4 cycle. It's going to have all the heists of the previous GTA games and then some, ie, a heavily heist centric game. Michael is a retired bank robber, a former GTA protagonist if you will, already having beat his game and living the life after dominating the final mission and having the credits roll. This game is gonna be so ****ing awesome!
---
Quick, to the Hinden-Peter!
#17DruffPosted 2/5/2013 9:19:04 AM
MasturCheeff posted...
They said they're puttin an emphasis on heists. That doesn't mean the entire game is heists.

This. It's not going to be like 3 Leaf Clover. It will be more like Breaking the Bank at Caligula's from San Andreas and The Job from Vice City.

Like I said- preparing for and executing heists. Several missions to get things in place to pull off the heist, then finally the heist itself. Rinse and repeat.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#18wwervinPosted 2/5/2013 1:24:17 PM
They sound cool to me, especially if you get a nice payday at the end of them. They said the game will have a thriving economy so the money might be more useful this time around.

Also there's only like 6 or so main heists. The rest of the game will be centered around either setting them up or regular GTA style missions (go here, kill this guy, steal this car, etc).

Missions aside though, I think the majority of the fun in this game will come from exploring its massive world.
#19pITUFo_cRUDoPosted 2/5/2013 5:20:36 PM
wwervin posted...
Missions aside though, I think the majority of the fun in this game will come from exploring its massive world.

^This. On so many levels, this^
#20KillerSlawPosted 2/5/2013 7:16:34 PM
If they focus on setting up and executing heists as well as GTAIV focused on being a petty hitman, the game will be amazing.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/359bpg1.png http://i.imgur.com/VXqqs.gif