Enlighten me.

#1metalclashPosted 2/4/2013 7:56:34 PM
So, instead of playing as just one character for the story, the game forces you to switch to complete it?

If so, I must say I prefer the old way of one character, as playing games where I switch around just irritates me a bit.
---
people who snapchat are just flat out stupid.
#2pITUFo_cRUDoPosted 2/4/2013 8:03:07 PM
I think theoretically, you could play as the same character all the way through if you want. I seriously doubt a franchise that has built itself on free choice would force you to do anything outside of helping push the story along.
#3ViciousXl2Posted 2/4/2013 8:06:34 PM
I'm sure that there will be a few missions where you'll see a different character's point of view.
And one where a member of the group gets kidnapped or something
---
Standard issue is insufficient
#4CruorComaPosted 2/4/2013 11:46:36 PM
I just like the fact we have 3 different characters for 3 different moods.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#5thedeparted94Posted 2/5/2013 12:58:55 AM
From what i get from it is..There will be 1 person missions for each character like in Episodes of liberty city but then there will be some missions where theres 2 characters involved & then the big heist missions involve all 3
---
<PSN> britz02
#6ShELbY_GT500Posted 2/5/2013 2:58:48 AM
metalclash posted...
So, instead of playing as just one character for the story, the game forces you to switch to complete it?

If so, I must say I prefer the old way of one character, as playing games where I switch around just irritates me a bit.

I though that way too but then I watched the trailer and got to see a glimpse of our protags and Im now really looking forward to playing as multiple protags. As long as the writers of GTA V do their best at letting us get to know and see all three protags regulary then it should turn out really good imo.
---
Mess with the bull?...
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcxb98pROb1r6r2k3o1_250.jpg
#7TtotheJ123Posted 2/5/2013 8:53:50 AM
At first I was a little iffy on the idea, but I think I have faith in Rockstar to handle it well. I don't think it will feel clustered nor do I think having three protags will take away focus from any of them.

From my understanding, each protagonist has their own set of missions, and then a fourth set of missions that involves two or all of the protagonists. In missions with more than one PC, you can choose who to play the mission as.

That is how I envision it at least. Seems pretty cool.

Also, in free roam, you can switch on the fly.

I think it is the obvious choice to have each protagonist have their own storyline as well as the converged storyline. Like another poster said, you can capture three totally different moods in missions this way.
---
I've been under fire before. Well ... I've been in a fire. Actually, I was fired. I can handle myself.
#8NS_RegentParkPosted 2/5/2013 9:11:02 AM
pITUFo_cRUDo posted...
I think theoretically, you could play as the same character all the way through if you want. I seriously doubt a franchise that has built itself on free choice would force you to do anything outside of helping push the story along.

You will be forced to switch to a character in order to progress through the story. It doesn't make sense to play through as one character, since there will be times in the story where all 3 or 2 characters will be involved.

e.g.

Play as Michael through 5 missions, but the 6th mission requires Trevor/Franklin who you haven't even started playing. You're required to get them up to speed.
---
GT:InTheZoneTO
I'm pretty sure the Crucible was supposed to harness the dark energy of Haestrom to destroy the Reapers
#9the_arisenPosted 2/5/2013 11:43:47 AM
ITT: guy complains about system that he has never used, never seen in action yet has already come to a negative conclusion about it.... actually thats most topics on this board

Dude I am sure its going to be great. Its not as if they are just going be like "oh your in the middle of something, well to bad character swap."
---
There is nothing in the bible that says Jesus wasnt a Veloci-Raptor
Raw dogging the internet (and your gf) since '93
#10enterthemadroxPosted 2/5/2013 11:57:47 AM
More characters = bigger scope for plot.

You see something in a mission as one character, don't understand it, get filled in later when you play as a different character and then things become clearer.

Or does the TC hate movies like Pulp Fiction?
---
Getting awfully tired of GameFAQs mods removing my posts for being "offensive" when I've done nothing wrong