Looks like Saints Row 4 will get ahead start before GTA: V hits the Market.

#1melvin343Posted 2/5/2013 5:42:53 PM
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/saints-row-4-potentially-releasing-this-august-17317

Honestly, I wasan't expecting SR4 to be out this soon and I enjoy SR3 for what it's worth but ether way, I'm getting Both SR4 and GTA: V and SR4 will keep me busy until GTA: V is release.
---
Brad Pitt, There's no silencer on that shotgun. How are you supposed to kill anyone softly without a silencer?
XBOX GT: Player1mj117. PSN: playmaker45.
#2PepeSilvia906Posted 2/5/2013 5:54:13 PM
Seems a bit desperate to me, tbh. Considering there's been next to zero info about it at all, they seem to just want to beat GTA to stores no matter what.

(This post is also from the perspective of someone who's never played a Saints Row game before, so make of that what you will.)
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#3DruffPosted 2/5/2013 5:57:21 PM
Wow, inferior wanna-be rip off game to hit shelves a few weeks before the real deal does. Mindblowing.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#4BlackisbackonPosted 2/5/2013 6:20:10 PM
Druff posted...
Wow, inferior wanna-be rip off game to hit shelves a few weeks before the real deal does. Mindblowing.

I'm so sick of people who speak this ignorance. The first Saints Row paid HOMAGE to GTA. After that, 2 and especially 3 went as far away from GTA as you possibly can. They got quirky and pretty much stopped taking themselves seriously.

That is the premise for the series. It doesn't want to be GTA. It can't be because there is only one GTA and they know it. Saints Row is simply a fun ALTERNATIVE. That simple and now leave it to rest already.

/rant
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself.
#5DruffPosted 2/5/2013 6:24:37 PM(edited)
Blackisbackon posted...
Druff posted...

I'm so sick of people who speak this ignorance. The first Saints Row paid HOMAGE to GTA. After that, 2 and especially 3 went as far away from GTA as you possibly can. They got quirky and pretty much stopped taking themselves seriously.

That is the premise for the series. It doesn't want to be GTA. It can't be because there is only one GTA and they know it. Saints Row is simply a fun ALTERNATIVE. That simple and now leave it to rest already.

/rant

You're free to think that if you want. I actually like the SR games. But all in all, they're GTA clones. Simple as that. IMO, if you're going to clone a game, you should do everything you can to make it superior to the original. They most certainly have not done with with any SR yet, IMO.
---
#6BlackisbackonPosted 2/5/2013 6:26:02 PM
Druff posted...
Blackisbackon posted...
Druff posted...

/rant

You're free to think that if you want. I actually like the SR games. But all in all, they're simple GTA clones. And I can't help but shake my head whenever some tasteless clod claims that SR2 and/or 3 are superior to GTA IV. Please.

I think its bad taste for anyone to say it's better or worse. You can say one is more fun than the other but that is about it. GTA 4 was a bore to me. But that is my opinion. Millions of others disagree. I can accept that. They can't be clones of a game if they aren't trying to be GTA.

If that's the case, any open world game with missions and free roam in a city setting can be considered a GTA clone and that is simply a fallacy.
---
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself.
#7GigabomberPosted 2/5/2013 6:32:12 PM
Pass. SR3 was a bust and they've damaged their reputation. No game has longer legs than a GTA title.
#8Mentalpatient87Posted 2/5/2013 6:32:26 PM
Blackisbackon posted...
They can't be clones of a game if they aren't trying to be GTA..

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111103110927/gtawiki/images/thumb/c/c4/Out_GTA's_GTA.JPG/640px-Out_GTA's_GTA.JPG

I know what you're gonna say "quote from someone else," but they liked that quote enough to put it in their commercial.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#9DruffPosted 2/5/2013 6:36:05 PM
Blackisbackon posted...
Druff posted...
Blackisbackon posted...
Druff posted...

/rant

You're free to think that if you want. I actually like the SR games. But all in all, they're simple GTA clones. And I can't help but shake my head whenever some tasteless clod claims that SR2 and/or 3 are superior to GTA IV. Please.

I think its bad taste for anyone to say it's better or worse. You can say one is more fun than the other but that is about it. GTA 4 was a bore to me. But that is my opinion. Millions of others disagree. I can accept that. They can't be clones of a game if they aren't trying to be GTA.

If that's the case, any open world game with missions and free roam in a city setting can be considered a GTA clone and that is simply a fallacy.

Think so? SR4 is going to hit retail shelves before the next entry of lots of other open world franchises. Suppose this guy bothered to make this announcement on those boards too?

No. Because the others are irrelevant. SR is a GTA wannabe and everyone knows it, whether they admit it or not.
---
#10BlackisbackonPosted 2/5/2013 6:37:58 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
Blackisbackon posted...
They can't be clones of a game if they aren't trying to be GTA..

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111103110927/gtawiki/images/thumb/c/c4/Out_GTA's_GTA.JPG/640px-Out_GTA's_GTA.JPG

I know what you're gonna say "quote from someone else," but they liked that quote enough to put it in their commercial.

Ok you got me there lol. I got nothing to say about that because I totally forgot about that statement. I concede on this one.
---