GTA V will feature the greatest animation / physics in the history of gaming

#11angeldeath21Posted 2/7/2013 1:32:19 PM
megametroid posted...
The physics engine alone is the reason why I can't go back to the old GTA games after 4. It literally makes the game, and I'm perfectly okay with that because it's so goddamn good :)

This so much. Seeing that uniform body flop when hitting peds is so boring. Car crashes are also just worlds more fun in IV.
---
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."
#12iomega311(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2013 2:18:42 PM
angeldeath21 posted...
megametroid posted...
The physics engine alone is the reason why I can't go back to the old GTA games after 4. It literally makes the game, and I'm perfectly okay with that because it's so goddamn good :)

This so much. Seeing that uniform body flop when hitting peds is so boring. Car crashes are also just worlds more fun in IV.

So glad there are people out there that feel the exact same as I do in regards to generational leap in gameplay quality with GTAIV.

What GTAIV lacked in pointless customization and jetpacks, it made up for it with absurdly improved gameplay and a much more interesting, compelling story and characters.
---
More proof that committing actual violence inspires the playing of violent video games.
http://backloggery.com/iomega311
#1395_EclipsePosted 2/7/2013 9:15:50 PM
megametroid posted...

I agree.

plus the damage model on cars is some of the best I've ever seen and I play a lot of racing games lol...
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#14John_MarstenPosted 2/10/2013 4:04:37 PM
iomega311 posted...
What GTAIV lacked in pointless customization and jetpacks, it made up for it with absurdly improved gameplay and a much more interesting, compelling story and characters.

More interesting story? More compelling characters? hahaha.........wait.......you are serious aren't you?

The gameplay was WAY better, granted. That, and graphics are the ONLY two things that IV had over SA. With nothing to do in IV though, graphics and gameplay can only keep you entertained for so long.
---
I put the "YOU" in ImprYOUvement
#15daveliciousPosted 2/11/2013 7:38:40 AM
John_Marsten posted...
More interesting story? More compelling characters? hahaha.........wait.......you are serious aren't you?

The gameplay was WAY better, granted. That, and graphics are the ONLY two things that IV had over SA. With nothing to do in IV though, graphics and gameplay can only keep you entertained for so long.

Yeah... GTAIV easily had a more interesting story and compelling characters. GTA SA was no slouch in any facet of what makes a great game, but the ONLY things GTAIV didn't completely dance circles around GTA SA in was the list of activities, and the aircraft.

Honestly, I don't see what you are getting at with your 2nd point... gameplay can only keep you entertained for so long? Gameplay is precisely what gives a game longevity. Dynamic physics that make every action you do different each time depending on environment factors goes a lot farther in replayability than a large number of activities (which despite their variety, will still be based on a physics engine which will drive how dynamic doing those activities will be, and therefore will drive how much time I would want to spend doing them).
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: DavePeesThePool
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#16John_MarstenPosted 2/11/2013 1:45:30 PM
davelicious posted...
John_Marsten posted...

Yeah... GTAIV easily had a more interesting story and compelling characters. GTA SA was no slouch in any facet of what makes a great game, but the ONLY things GTAIV didn't completely dance circles around GTA SA in was the list of activities, and the aircraft.

Honestly, I don't see what you are getting at with your 2nd point... gameplay can only keep you entertained for so long? Gameplay is precisely what gives a game longevity. Dynamic physics that make every action you do different each time depending on environment factors goes a lot farther in replayability than a large number of activities (which despite their variety, will still be based on a physics engine which will drive how dynamic doing those activities will be, and therefore will drive how much time I would want to spend doing them).

Yes Davy, Gameplay does give a game longevity. However, if there is nothing to do in that game, the gameplay is void.
---
#17Mentalpatient87Posted 2/11/2013 3:09:10 PM
John_Marsten posted...
there is nothing to do in that game

I made this account in '02 to talk about the new GTA. "Vice City" was a rumor, the fakes were pretty good, and a lot of people were betting on a Vegas spinoff called Sin City.

Now, all of that may be slightly mixed up due to fuzzy memory, but I recall one thing distinctly. People on these boards have been using that line about whichever GTA game was previous to the NEW GTA for more than a decade now.

I found tons to do in 4. And every other game in the series. None of them have been lacking in fun stuff to do as long as you have an ounce of imagination, and I'm baffled as to where this running gag of a complaint keeps coming from.

Did you ever get a bat and just knock people down a flight of stairs? Hilarious for hours. Play psycho killer in backyards and alleyways with a knife? I actually felt kinda sorry for that woman watering her gardens... Try to escape a 4+ star wanted level on foot? Brutal! You really have to think of where to hide and move.

Damn, now I'm gonna go play that.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#18John_MarstenPosted 2/11/2013 3:24:28 PM
Mentalpatient87 posted...
John_Marsten posted...
there is nothing to do in that game

I made this account in '02 to talk about the new GTA. "Vice City" was a rumor, the fakes were pretty good, and a lot of people were betting on a Vegas spinoff called Sin City.

Now, all of that may be slightly mixed up due to fuzzy memory, but I recall one thing distinctly. People on these boards have been using that line about whichever GTA game was previous to the NEW GTA for more than a decade now.

I found tons to do in 4. And every other game in the series. None of them have been lacking in fun stuff to do as long as you have an ounce of imagination, and I'm baffled as to where this running gag of a complaint keeps coming from.

Did you ever get a bat and just knock people down a flight of stairs? Hilarious for hours. Play psycho killer in backyards and alleyways with a knife? I actually felt kinda sorry for that woman watering her gardens... Try to escape a 4+ star wanted level on foot? Brutal! You really have to think of where to hide and move.

Damn, now I'm gonna go play that.

I have done all of the above, and more.

However, I can still play San Andreas and enjoy the hell out of it.

GTA4 was essentialy GTA3 with good graphics and gameplay. it got boring quick.
---
#19iomega311(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 3:54:22 PM
lol @ calling GTAIV just GTAIII with better graphics.

GTAIII has aged like a bag of **** in the middle of Death Valley. In terms of playability, mission variety, side content variety, and just about everything else, GTAIV is better about 10,000 times over.
---
More proof that committing actual violence inspires the playing of violent video games.
http://backloggery.com/iomega311
#20John_MarstenPosted 2/11/2013 4:11:15 PM
iomega311 posted...
lol @ calling GTAIV just GTAIII with better graphics.

GTAIII has aged like a bag of **** in the middle of Death Valley. In terms of playability, mission variety, side content variety, and just about everything else, GTAIV is better about 10,000 times over.

Aside from gameplay and graphics. Please explain what is better about GTA4.......

*Sits down with notepad and listens intently*
---