GTA V will feature the greatest animation / physics in the history of gaming

#21iomega311(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 3:32:02 PM
John_Marsten posted...
iomega311 posted...
lol @ calling GTAIV just GTAIII with better graphics.

GTAIII has aged like a bag of **** in the middle of Death Valley. In terms of playability, mission variety, side content variety, and just about everything else, GTAIV is better about 10,000 times over.

Aside from gameplay and graphics. Please explain what is better about GTA4.......

*Sits down with notepad and listens intently*

Better story / characters, far more developed game world (every side activity makes sense, watching TV and browsing the web give a huge amount of detail to Liberty City, ect), much deeper character interaction (+ the incentive to pursue good friendships / relationships), to name a few things.
---
More proof that committing actual violence inspires the playing of violent video games.
http://backloggery.com/iomega311
#22BardockpwnsjooPosted 2/11/2013 3:43:28 PM
I really getting sick of people saying that GTA IV's story was great. It was not great, not from a storyline standpoint or from an originality standpoint. The characters were not deep, either. To say GTA IV was GTA III with better graphics is one of the single most ignorant statements one could make, however.

That being said, the storyline of GTA IV was yet another Crapahor (Which is a crappy metaphor) about the American Dream being a false ideal that can't really exist. It has been done many times, and is just as shallow and inaccurate as always. I could have written the characters and their personalities with a raven pecking at my nutsack. This was average writing at best, and I personally know what average writing is.

Stop citing Storyline and the lack of "USELESS THINGS LIKE JETPACKS (or fun) FROM SA" as the reason why you think GTA IV is better. Your blatant fanboyism is more blinding than staring straight into the sun. Same goes for SA Fanboys, well I'm at it.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#23John_MarstenPosted 2/11/2013 3:46:26 PM
iomega311 posted...
John_Marsten posted...
iomega311 posted...

GTAIII has aged like a bag of **** in the middle of Death Valley. In terms of playability, mission variety, side content variety, and just about everything else, GTAIV is better about 10,000 times over.

Aside from gameplay and graphics. Please explain what is better about GTA4.......

Better story / characters, far more developed game world (every side activity makes sense, watching TV and browsing the web give a huge amount of detail to Liberty City, ect), much deeper character interaction (+ the incentive to pursue good friendships / relationships), to name a few things.

Better story: opinion based statement
Far more developed game world: graphics
TV and web browsin: opinion based
Deeper character interaction i.e friendships e.t.c: probably widely agreed upon as the single most annoying feature ever added to the GTA series, hence its departure from the series in GTA5.
---
I put the "YOU" in ImprYOUvement
#24LordPonchoPosted 2/11/2013 4:23:54 PM
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
I really getting sick of people saying that GTA IV's story was great. It was not great, not from a storyline standpoint or from an originality standpoint. The characters were not deep, either. To say GTA IV was GTA III with better graphics is one of the single most ignorant statements one could make, however.

That being said, the storyline of GTA IV was yet another Crapahor (Which is a crappy metaphor) about the American Dream being a false ideal that can't really exist. It has been done many times, and is just as shallow and inaccurate as always. I could have written the characters and their personalities with a raven pecking at my nutsack. This was average writing at best, and I personally know what average writing is.

Stop citing Storyline and the lack of "USELESS THINGS LIKE JETPACKS (or fun) FROM SA" as the reason why you think GTA IV is better. Your blatant fanboyism is more blinding than staring straight into the sun. Same goes for SA Fanboys, well I'm at it.

But no rational person can say SA had a better story or deeper characters. That story was balls off the wall nonsensical with the most predictable and stereotypical characters I've ever seen in a game this side of Duke Nukem.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#25Mentalpatient87Posted 2/11/2013 5:28:31 PM
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
Crapahor (Which is a crappy metaphor)

Clearly you are an authority on what is clever and original...
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#26John_MarstenPosted 2/11/2013 5:50:02 PM
LordPoncho posted...
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...

But no rational person can say SA had a better story or deeper characters. That story was balls off the wall nonsensical with the most predictable and stereotypical characters I've ever seen in a game this side of Duke Nukem.

In my opinion, you are so wrong. The Characters in SA were some of the best to grace the entire series.

Tenpenny, Pulaski, Ryder, The Truth, Woozie, just to name a few.
---
#27LordPonchoPosted 2/11/2013 6:01:43 PM
John_Marsten posted...
LordPoncho posted...
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...

In my opinion, you are so wrong. The Characters in SA were some of the best to grace the entire series.

Tenpenny, Pulaski, Ryder, The Truth, Woozie, just to name a few.

So you enjoy stereotypical corrupt cop, don't remember Pulaski so must have been bad, stereotypical gangbanger, stereotypical drugged up guy thinking he knows government conspiracies, and stereotypical Asian badass? They're all predictable and follow the basic stereotypes.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#28John_MarstenPosted 2/11/2013 6:07:48 PM
None of what you just mentioned are stereotypes mate. They are just character descriptions that you have thought of in poor defense of GTA4s horrible characters.

BOOM!!!!
---
#29Mentalpatient87Posted 2/11/2013 6:25:02 PM
Tenpenny was Samuel L Jackson in "Training Day"
Pulaski was the bad cop toady trope as played by a Joe Pesci impersonator
Ryder was just Easy E
The Truth was every other hippy cliche piled up
And Woozie? Well, I kinda liked Woozie..
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#30iomega311(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 6:38:43 PM
John_Marsten posted...
iomega311 posted...
John_Marsten posted...
iomega311 posted...

Better story: opinion based statement
Far more developed game world: graphics
TV and web browsin: opinion based
Deeper character interaction i.e friendships e.t.c: probably widely agreed upon as the single most annoying feature ever added to the GTA series, hence its departure from the series in GTA5.

-I wasn't referring to graphics, I'm talking about the "world" part of "open world", the various details that make it one of the most convincing and atmospheric we've seen in the genre.

-Refer to above point

-Character interaction was in SA, but I guess it gets a free pass because it's everyone's favorite GTA. Aside from that, GTAIV's version of relationship building is entirely optional, but entirely beneficial for people that want to get into that side of the game. People calling your phone in-game ever so often does not detract from the whole experience if you're one of those people that decided to avoid character interaction.

Ultimately, GTAIV's world is ridiculously more engrossing, in every conceivable way, and because of that, imo, it's a far superior game than GTAIII, or any other entry in the franchise.
---
More proof that committing actual violence inspires the playing of violent video games.
http://backloggery.com/iomega311