GTA MMO (just casual discussion)

#31CruorComa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2013 8:32:42 PM
stangkid95 posted...
Achronos117 posted...
Or perhaps, when a high ranking character gets whacked, they live but fall all the way back down to the bottom of their respective food chain and have to build a new crew to get back in the world and have their revenge.

That would be a good secondary option. Letting them live but kicking them out of the gang. Another cool option I thought of so you don't lose your money/cars/ non-gang related property is inheritance. You basically assign your assets to be left to another created character you made or to be left in a security deposit box until picked up by your new character.

I also believe that death in game should be extremely significant, these are great ideas to support that.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#32CoronelLinkPosted 2/18/2013 1:57:53 AM
MinunSS posted...
Not saying it's a bad idea, but how many people would be interested in it? I know I wouldn't be.

I would be, hands down.

As for perma death, I think everyone would be killing their higher ups in order to be head cheese. Unless there's like friendly fire type thing. Personally, there shouldn't be. Would make it interesting to see conspiracies within crews. Regardless, I think a good way to implement perma death is in the Godfather 2 style, executions.

Like say the head of certain crew is walking down the street, if he's shot down he won't get perma death and continue being the head of his crew, but will be penalized somehow for dying. In order to perma kill the head, a certain set of actions would have to be done, like say, kidnap the head and execute him somehow, like a hanging or cement shoes and into the river or execution by gun. When this happens, then that player is perma killed.

To make it fair for the head, there would be a series of mini-games and/or diversions to try and escape. It should be expected to that the crew would be trying to save him as well, unless conspiracy possible and may be the act of mutiny.
---
No givesies backsies!!
#33DreBarretPosted 2/19/2013 12:48:10 AM
CoronelLink posted...
MinunSS posted...
Not saying it's a bad idea, but how many people would be interested in it? I know I wouldn't be.

I would be, hands down.

As for perma death, I think everyone would be killing their higher ups in order to be head cheese. Unless there's like friendly fire type thing. Personally, there shouldn't be. Would make it interesting to see conspiracies within crews. Regardless, I think a good way to implement perma death is in the Godfather 2 style, executions.

Like say the head of certain crew is walking down the street, if he's shot down he won't get perma death and continue being the head of his crew, but will be penalized somehow for dying. In order to perma kill the head, a certain set of actions would have to be done, like say, kidnap the head and execute him somehow, like a hanging or cement shoes and into the river or execution by gun. When this happens, then that player is perma killed.
To make it fair for the head, there would be a series of mini-games and/or diversions to try and escape. It should be expected to that the crew would be trying to save him as well, unless conspiracy possible and may be the act of mutiny.

I agree, if it is a mutiny then the boss should be able to be gunned down outright without no warning. The crews should have some kind of diplomacy in order for everything to work. If the top lieutenants in a crew decide to kill the boss then they should be able to get a majority vote and go in guns blazing. If not then the whole aspect of a secret coup team pulling missions to whack the boss sounds like the alternative option!!!! It also leave the opportunity for traitors who go back and inform the boss which would have to mean perma death for EVERYONE!!!
---
I WISH TO CONSULT MY ATTORNEY BEFORE POSTING ANY SIGNATURE
#34CruorComa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2013 4:15:39 AM
I want permadeath to be such a significant occurance, that if you manage to be Boss of a major organisation, I want you to be paranoid as hell. I want players to be so paranoid that they want as few of their own men to know who they even are, creating custom buffering systems where he deals only with his top men.

Using a "Mafia Family" as an example, a Don may choose to deal only with his counselor and underbosses, opting to avoid contact with his own captains and soldiers entirely. Relaying family objectives only to his underbosses and receiving favour requests, loans etc only from his underbosses.

Or he could even employ a decoy, I suppose.

This way anyone attempting to infiltrate and assassinate on the behest of another family will have to spend a lot of time climbing through the ranks to even get close to a boss. There would be other ways to get to a boss, of course. Bosses would naturally deal with dirty with cop players, so you could find out if the boss is going to be at a certain place at a certain time. If you convince the corrupt cop player it's in their interest. Or, if you're a player with a Grade __ Tech license and hack into the games email system and find out information that way.
Once you find out where he is, you can try a number of ways to take him out. Guns blazing probably wouldn't work, because he should be well guarded, but there are plenty of ways in films I can think to take him out. Stop him at a toll booth and ambush him, rig his vehicle or general location to blow, snipe him or even hire someone else to do it. Either way it will be difficult after the deed is done because depending on the size and solidarity of the targeted organization, you could end up have hundreds of guys trying to hunt you down.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#35zack12369Posted 2/19/2013 8:59:22 AM
Oh god no...
---
gt : z a c k t k.
<insert witty sig here>
#36CoronelLinkPosted 2/20/2013 9:19:12 PM
CruorComa posted...
I want permadeath to be such a significant occurance, that if you manage to be Boss of a major organisation, I want you to be paranoid as hell. I want players to be so paranoid that they want as few of their own men to know who they even are, creating custom buffering systems where he deals only with his top men.

Using a "Mafia Family" as an example, a Don may choose to deal only with his counselor and underbosses, opting to avoid contact with his own captains and soldiers entirely. Relaying family objectives only to his underbosses and receiving favour requests, loans etc only from his underbosses.

Or he could even employ a decoy, I suppose.

This way anyone attempting to infiltrate and assassinate on the behest of another family will have to spend a lot of time climbing through the ranks to even get close to a boss. There would be other ways to get to a boss, of course. Bosses would naturally deal with dirty with cop players, so you could find out if the boss is going to be at a certain place at a certain time. If you convince the corrupt cop player it's in their interest. Or, if you're a player with a Grade __ Tech license and hack into the games email system and find out information that way.
Once you find out where he is, you can try a number of ways to take him out. Guns blazing probably wouldn't work, because he should be well guarded, but there are plenty of ways in films I can think to take him out. Stop him at a toll booth and ambush him, rig his vehicle or general location to blow, snipe him or even hire someone else to do it. Either way it will be difficult after the deed is done because depending on the size and solidarity of the targeted organization, you could end up have hundreds of guys trying to hunt you down.

This would be kinda cool. The soldiers wouldn't know who the boss is, only the next higher up, following the chain of command.

I like your mention on hacking. I think it would be cool if the game would be made in such a way that the skills that one could acquire, would need some REAL knowledge of the skill. For example, if you want to gain hacking skills in the game, you should have to know computer software IRL. I, for example, would take the mechanic/engineer skill (to plant explosives or modify cars or armor or junk), because I know mechanics and welding. However, it should be done in a way that if you have the skill IRL it would help you raise your skill faster or higher in-game.
---
No givesies backsies!!