What made GTA4 just not as playable as the others?

#1Sword of DeathPosted 2/9/2013 10:33:01 AM
Or vice versa,
GTA4 I feel like it was lacking something. But, I dont know what, can anyone explain ?
And how are the expansions (Gay Tony and THe biker one)?

I feel like GTAV will be way better because the different environments that they offer.
GTA4 just seemed like Big city, Puerto rican ghetto projects, and thats about it..
---
Xbox 360 gt - itch my cup
#2CreepyEPosted 2/9/2013 10:54:36 AM
Yeah I know, I noticed the big fake Big Pun mural on the second island when you switch apartments for the first time.
#3CreepyEPosted 2/9/2013 10:59:06 AM
Although I really enjoyed GTAIV and both expansions. The Lost and the Damned was centered around a more industrial part of town and felt really different somehow. Gay Tony had you all over the place but added APCs with a turret and a better attack helo.
#4CruorComaPosted 2/9/2013 11:33:14 AM
Meh, I frankly found it to be a more satisfying game than it's counterparts.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#5hellobob09Posted 2/9/2013 1:18:40 PM(edited)
I loved GTA:IV.

The physics were just amazing and gunplay was massively fun.

Quite frankly, I never understood why people hated it so much, sure it wasn't as big as SA, but it added much more to the overall experience in my opinion.

EDIT: Awesome sig^
---
Above the Ignorance
#6DarkLordMorsulPosted 2/9/2013 1:19:34 PM
I enjoyed IV much more than the others...
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#7Smakface13Posted 2/9/2013 1:48:05 PM
I played IV far more often than the others, and I can always go back and play it anytime. (Not saying I can't with the others, I had a blast with SA recently) But the bottom line for me is the massively improved engine in IV.

So much fun to be had just nudging peds down stairs.
---
I am looking at you through the eyes of a dead man
http://i47.tinypic.com/19a7gw.jpg
#8PepeSilvia906Posted 2/9/2013 1:53:51 PM
*farts*

I pooped a little this time.
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile
#995_EclipsePosted 2/9/2013 1:54:05 PM
GTA IV was the best in the series, what has caused people to enjoy it less is what's called "Nostalgia" it happens to the best of us, so don't feel too bad.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
#10Achronos117Posted 2/9/2013 1:54:23 PM
I must be one of the few who was actually able to enjoy GTA 4, play it multiple times and see it as a worthy, yet realistically scaled back successor to GTA SA, which was overwhelming at times with all the stuff out there. The physics and driving in GTA 4 were and are still amazing and (IMO) among the best out there for sand box games.
---
Quick, to the Hinden-Peter!