What made GTA4 just not as playable as the others?

#11Joe_CobbsPosted 2/9/2013 3:03:29 PM
4 was the bees knees. Still fire it up occasionally to fulfill my armchair genocide needs.
#12Lestat-Posted 2/9/2013 3:23:34 PM
Honestly I felt 4 was too realistic. Everything from the driving physics to even how they run downstairs was just too realistic.

I actually enjoyed saints row 3 more than gta 4 and that never used to be the case with previous entries. Why? Because it was ridiculous and not realistic at all.

I remember in san andreas having a jetpack or hauling ass on the freeway in a hot ring racer. 4 just never had anything like that. And I missed it.
---
"And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should." - Desiderata
#13G-ZissPosted 2/9/2013 3:37:11 PM
CreepyE posted...
Yeah I know, I noticed the big fake Big Pun mural on the second island when you switch apartments for the first time.

Anyone have a picture of this?
#14art_of_the_killPosted 2/9/2013 4:06:18 PM
Sword of Death posted...
GTA4 I feel like it was lacking something. But, I dont know what, can anyone explain

Mission variety. That's what it was for me, anyway. GTA IV may as well have been called Grand Theft Hitman with all the "Kill this guy" missions that you get.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#15jazztronautPosted 2/9/2013 4:15:04 PM
after playing IV, it's hard to go back to vice city and san andreas. the physics are just silly in those games.
---
If you love your job, you'll never have to work a day in your life.
psn: jazztronaut
#16masachipPosted 2/9/2013 4:29:47 PM
Agreed. The physics seem ridiculous on the previous installments when you go back. I've LOVED every installment of gta since the first top down gta. That being said, IV has been the best one to date. Sure, it could have been way better, but it wa such a technological leap, just walking down the street and shooting at people or just a lazy drive is more fun than San Andreas for me. I can't go back to the old games. They have a special place in my heart, but IV trumps them all IMO.

That being said, V looks to give everyone what they want. The IV lovers and San Andreas is better types alike.

Good god, I can't wait to fly a fighter jet in V
---
Live GT: DrunkTeamGo
#17zack12369Posted 2/9/2013 4:47:07 PM
I like gta4 alot, but IMO... It just lacked stuff to do. Seems to me they spent more time on the graphics than adding fun stuff to do.
---
gt : z a c k t k.
<insert witty sig here>
#18N30Chaos687Posted 2/9/2013 4:55:06 PM
CreepyE posted...
Yeah I know, I noticed the big fake Big Pun mural on the second island when you switch apartments for the first time.

Really? I never noticed that.
---
Leper Skin
The less smelly of two turds is still a turd
#19masachipPosted 2/9/2013 4:56:01 PM
zack12369 posted...
I like gta4 alot, but IMO... It just lacked stuff to do. Seems to me they spent more time on the graphics than adding fun stuff to do.

Yes, but like I was saying...it was a huge technological leap for gta. If it weren't for IV, we wouldn't have had red dead be what it was, or have V be what it was. We would have just had a slightly upgraded saints row 3,so basically with a bunch of ridiculousness and sub par physics and graphics and a ok story (unlike saints row)
Then gta v would just be like IV was, a huge tech leap, but limited by the work put into development, or another rendition of a silly game like Saints row 3 was.
---
Live GT: DrunkTeamGo
#20dafreestylekingPosted 2/9/2013 5:26:42 PM
smaller map, less things to do after beating the story, lame coppers that spawned everywhere, fewer weapons
---
Madden 13...sigh I am disappointment.