Would the series benefit from a "save anywhere" feature?

#1the_old_daysPosted 2/9/2013 10:26:50 PM
Not during missions of course, or when you have wanted stars, but when freeroaming or in-between missions.

It's not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying when you finish a mission and have to drive all the way across the city to save, only to drive all the way back across the city for your next mission icon.

I understand part of exploring the cities in GTA is driving to and from mission icons, but a partial "save anywhere" feature would be useful in my opinion. I like to knock back a series of missions in a row, then do some exploring on my own when I'm not trying to keep my body armor at 100% or conserve ammo.

Or, better yet, add a "call friend" feature that allows you to save. They have friends bring you car, motorcycles, and weapons; why not a save icon as well?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/63868901
#2hellslavePosted 2/9/2013 10:32:10 PM
save anywhere in that when you load up again, you start at the exact spot you saved at? or like in far cry 3 where you resume from the nearest spawn point (gas stations, maybe?)?
---
In a world built on hope and faith, I am the realistic idea. The dream come crashing down.
#3the_old_days(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 10:40:48 PM
On loading, you'd be at your last used safe-house. Or closest safe house to where you saved, similar to when you die, how you spawn at the nearest hospital.

I'd like to add that I'd only want this feature if R* still found a way to make safe houses important. I like having safe houses.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/634491-grand-theft-auto-v/63868901
#4hellfire582Posted 2/9/2013 10:49:26 PM
the_old_days posted...
Not during missions of course, or when you have wanted stars, but when freeroaming or in-between missions.

It's not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying when you finish a mission and have to drive all the way across the city to save, only to drive all the way back across the city for your next mission icon.

I understand part of exploring the cities in GTA is driving to and from mission icons, but a partial "save anywhere" feature would be useful in my opinion. I like to knock back a series of missions in a row, then do some exploring on my own when I'm not trying to keep my body armor at 100% or conserve ammo.

Or, better yet, add a "call friend" feature that allows you to save. They have friends bring you car, motorcycles, and weapons; why not a save icon as well?

I think that's a great idea. After I finished the main story of SA, I noticed there were certain places I liked to mess around in, and it would've saved me a lot of time if I could've just saved in those spots.
#5ViciousXl2Posted 2/9/2013 10:57:34 PM
hellfire582 posted...
the_old_days posted...

I think that's a great idea. After I finished the main story of SA, I noticed there were certain places I liked to mess around in, and it would've saved me a lot of time if I could've just saved in those spots.

You can get a mod for that :)
Very convenient
---
All the world will be your enemy. Troll with a thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will mod you. But first they must catch you
#6FatalFraggerPosted 2/9/2013 11:20:27 PM
Absolutely. I want this feature. After recentlu going back to GTA IV to get some minor acheivements, it was annoying as hell to have to drive forever away to get to places I needed to go.
#7hulkhogan1Posted 2/9/2013 11:57:23 PM
Only if there's a realistic way for it to work. It worked in RDR because you could set up camp anywhere in the wilderness. It might seem a bit weird to be playing GTA and be able to randomly save the game when you're standing in the middle of a road. Maybe they could implement something like you can save by sitting down at any bench/chair/table that you see anywhere in the city, so that way it would at least seem like a realistic place to be while the in game time passes by.
#8hellslavePosted 2/10/2013 12:19:23 AM
Only if there's a realistic way for it to work. It worked in RDR because you could set up camp anywhere in the wilderness. It might seem a bit weird to be playing GTA and be able to randomly save the game when you're standing in the middle of a road. Maybe they could implement something like you can save by sitting down at any bench/chair/table that you see anywhere in the city, so that way it would at least seem like a realistic place to be while the in game time passes by.

This.
---
Get MS Points just for using Bing!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9778718&rrid=_050883a4-a571-6c14-7517-6035ff75eb68
#9tzar_666Posted 2/10/2013 3:01:29 AM
hellslave posted...

This.

came in handy.
---
psn tzar666
xbox davethebakerx2
#10StarGoyPosted 2/10/2013 6:52:47 AM(edited)
I prefer not knowing whether or not I'm gonna die on my way to the Safe House; it adds danger. But the bench/resting spot thing is a potentially good idea.

What if you're Wanted?--no save bench? You're in a fire-fight. You save. Do you load back into the action? etc.