Would the series benefit from a "save anywhere" feature?

#21SiLVeR_420Posted 2/11/2013 2:21:33 AM
ViciousXl2 posted...
hellfire582 posted...
ViciousXl2 posted...
hellfire582 posted...
the_old_days posted...
Not during missions of course, or when you have wanted stars, but when freeroaming or in-between missions.

It's not a huge deal, but it is a little annoying when you finish a mission and have to drive all the way across the city to save, only to drive all the way back across the city for your next mission icon.

I understand part of exploring the cities in GTA is driving to and from mission icons, but a partial "save anywhere" feature would be useful in my opinion. I like to knock back a series of missions in a row, then do some exploring on my own when I'm not trying to keep my body armor at 100% or conserve ammo.

Or, better yet, add a "call friend" feature that allows you to save. They have friends bring you car, motorcycles, and weapons; why not a save icon as well?

I think that's a great idea. After I finished the main story of SA, I noticed there were certain places I liked to mess around in, and it would've saved me a lot of time if I could've just saved in those spots.

You can get a mod for that :)
Very convenient

Cool ty. Is the mod only available for the PC version?

Yes, unfortunately.
But I wholeheartedly recommend the PC version. Any modern computer should be able to run it well enough.
My only complaint are the flying controls for planes and helis are awful with a mous and keyboard, but I hear a gamepad works wonders on the PC version.
Just the mods alone are worth

Anything that lets me drive a Metal Gear Rex around is awesome in my book.
---
Gamertag- youngSiLVeRstar
Forgive the name.
#22CoronelLinkPosted 2/12/2013 12:07:22 AM
nativengine posted...
I think it'd be a cool idea to be able to save at a park bench or sitting down inside a Burgershot. We've all seen a sleeping individual in public at one point or another. Hell, just last year in San Fran I saw a guy sleeping standing up against a wall.

LMAO!

I've seen this too! In a shady part of Mexico, outside of a cantina, a man was lit out on a wall.

LOL XD
---
No givesies backsies!!
#23Psycho_DPosted 2/16/2013 7:20:07 PM
If not a full save, then at least a quick or temp save that gives you a option to exit the game and continue later from that location, it's a real bummer when you have to drive or take a taxi/bus/whatever to a safe house save then go all the way back to point A. The auto-save system shouldn't be relied upon. Sure it's handy for after completing missions and buying clothes, etc. But it stops there.
---
Zombie - Nomnomnomnom
#24NanuzshPosted 2/17/2013 9:48:14 PM
StarGoy posted...
I prefer not knowing whether or not I'm gonna die on my way to the Safe House; it adds danger. But the bench/resting spot thing is a potentially good idea.

What if you're Wanted?--no save bench? You're in a fire-fight. You save. Do you load back into the action? etc.

Maybe something like "get rid of your wanted level to access this save spot" or sth.
---
''You might be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater''-Austin Powers
#25nativenginePosted 2/18/2013 6:50:22 AM
Nanuzsh posted...
StarGoy posted...
I prefer not knowing whether or not I'm gonna die on my way to the Safe House; it adds danger. But the bench/resting spot thing is a potentially good idea.

What if you're Wanted?--no save bench? You're in a fire-fight. You save. Do you load back into the action? etc.

Maybe something like "get rid of your wanted level to access this save spot" or sth.

Yeah, I'd say you shouldn't be able to use a park bench save spot if your wanted.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#26Wolf_J_FlywheelPosted 2/18/2013 11:51:18 AM
StarGoy posted...

id say you wouldn't be allowed to save with a wanted level.
---
NRA member and 2nd Amendment supporter
http://anongallery.org/img/7/8/cruisin-booty.gif
#27NutralguyPosted 2/19/2013 5:06:34 PM
They said there's small towns, so I think they should have motels you could save at like Plainview on Red Dead Redemption.
---
My last sig was to someone who thought they could do no wrong.