I want the ability to place permanent pins and label them on the map

#21Mentalpatient87Posted 2/12/2013 9:12:09 AM(edited)
joelanator0492 posted...
haha, there are a few on this topic that are looking at this logically.

Why come up with a different idea than what TC mentioned? Why would I get out a physical map to mark things? Why would I get out my computer or smartphone to mark places on my map? It is far easier using TC's idea. Let me favorite a spot on my map and be able to set my GPS to that point and show me the best way to get there. Why use a secondary source?

Because those are the alternatives you'll be left with when/if TCs idea isn't implemented.

Disclaimer: I like TCs idea, and would like to see it implemented.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#22puffinslaughterPosted 2/12/2013 12:03:39 PM
I like the idea. To elaborate on it, maybe make the symbols customizable? Like if you wanna label a few cool jumps you found, you can put red stars on the spots. And if you found a car spawn, it could be a blue star or another color/symbol. That way you can match the symbols to personalized descriptions in the map legend. It would be great if they implemented that, up until now I used Mental's idea of printing out the map and labeling it myself, so I didn't have to ruin the map they gave me. Actually I have all the maps hanging on my game room wall, but with the picture on the back of the map facing out. I don't need to see the map since I have copies of all of them.

Anyways, thoughts on the customizable symbols/colors thing?
---
Kris Letang stat tracker ~ 3 Goals, 6 Assists, +4. On IR :( Pittsburgh Penguins: 8-5
http://i49.tinypic.com/20l12ld.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#23DruffPosted 2/12/2013 4:08:08 PM(edited)
I've always done it via memory and I'm fine with that. I still remember where stuff is in the old ones. e.g. in Vice City, the base ball bat behind the hotel, the armor vest a few blocks north in the little nook around the blue/pink buildings. In GTA IV, the armor vests just east of the traffic circle in the Y shaped alley, and on top of the yellow building on the block that's kinda shaped like a weird boot, west of the Cluckin Bell... the uzi right behind where you pick up Badman's delivery beaters... the Desert Eagle on top of the catwalk towards the airport...

Pins are for wimps.
---
Caution - You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex Four
#24sidstarter(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2013 8:28:37 PM
Well i tweeted the idea to R* (finally found a use for Twitter). I linked this thread. let's see if they reply.
---
:O
#25UncleCalCalPosted 2/12/2013 9:48:29 PM
PepeSilvia906 posted...
Pfffft, just do what I do and take an unreasonable amount of time to memorize almost the entire map. Like a true no life.

Um, no
#26PepeSilvia906Posted 2/13/2013 2:55:41 AM
UncleCalCal posted...
PepeSilvia906 posted...
Pfffft, just do what I do and take an unreasonable amount of time to memorize almost the entire map. Like a true no life.

Um, no

Dude, if you knew of the untold millions of ladies I've bedded because of my map memorization skills, you wouldn't be calling me a no life. Just sayin'.
---
XBL Gamertag: The Wereodile