Demo Petition

#1DavinksPosted 2/12/2013 7:07:17 PM
There is an online petition to Rockstar for the release of the GTA V demo that was sent to Game Informer, IGN, and whoever else got to play it. Everyone give it a sign and maybe they'll respond with something cool....like the demo

Afraid I don't have the URL handy, i'll post it when I get a chance. It's on Change.org
---
Stopped playing CoM because card battling is not manly - AnonysaurusRex
#2puffinslaughterPosted 2/12/2013 8:05:08 PM
Or we could stop being whiny entitled brats and wait for Rockstar to release it themselves when they're ready to.
---
Kris Letang stat tracker ~ 3 Goals, 6 Assists, +4. On IR :( Pittsburgh Penguins: 8-5
http://i49.tinypic.com/20l12ld.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#3DarkLordMorsulPosted 2/12/2013 8:09:31 PM
petition to stop federal spending LAME
petition to stop nuclear weapons BORING
petition to free up land for farming DULL
petition to move towards engery indepence AS IF

http://memegenerator.net/instance/34761447
---
Skit Tells is Really good
#4Mentalpatient87Posted 2/12/2013 9:15:27 PM
The following is a list of all the online petitions that have actually panned out:
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#5bantha_fodder50Posted 2/12/2013 9:17:09 PM
I highly doubt R* is going to release a demo. They haven't done it before and I don't see why they would start now (let alone a petition being a reason to do so).
---
If they don't kill you, they make you stronger. But usually they kill you.
RIP My Xbox 360, 2007-2010.
#6LordPonchoPosted 2/13/2013 12:48:48 AM(edited)
A press demo and a public demo are two entirely different things. Press know that the press demo is likely to be buggy and unplayable in spots. A public demo should be slightly less buggy and certainly playable. Trust me, a press demo isn't something you want to play.

Edit: Also, said demo wasn't "sent" to the press. Rockstar had reps visit press outlets and give them a hands off playthrough of a few missions.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#7RhyswrPosted 2/13/2013 1:34:00 AM
Genuinely can't ever remember an online petition for anything ever being successful, as a previous poster already mentioned.

How would a GTA demo even work? I would much rather R* spent the additional time making the final game better then wasting time on a demo. We have a release date, I am sure more info will come out over the next few months, so we should just be happy with what we have and be patient. Good things come to those who wait!
---
Laws are a tedious business and counting coppers is worse
#8professor_choasPosted 2/13/2013 2:07:29 AM
Rhyswr posted...
Genuinely can't ever remember an online petition for anything ever being successful, as a previous poster already mentioned.

You must have forgotten PIPA and SOPA. Not saying a petition for a GTAV demo will work, but both Acts were effectively halted due to online petitions.
---
They see me trollin, they hatin
#9RhyswrPosted 2/13/2013 2:53:55 AM
professor_choas posted...
Rhyswr posted...

You must have forgotten PIPA and SOPA. Not saying a petition for a GTAV demo will work, but both Acts were effectively halted due to online petitions.

It is going a bit far to suggest that the online petition was the main reason why those Bills were postponed. I would say that the online petitions were a contributory factor rather than the primary cause. The physical demonstrations, company boycotts, the Wikipedia (and other websites) blackout, and the criticism by Sir Tim Berners-Lee and the European Commission were more effective contributory factors.
---
Laws are a tedious business and counting coppers is worse
#10MShogunHPosted 2/13/2013 3:13:56 AM
bantha_fodder50 posted...
I highly doubt R* is going to release a demo. They haven't done it before and I don't see why they would start now (let alone a petition being a reason to do so).

---
(PSN: MShogunH)
Grand Theft Auto V Countdown: 216 Days