Sniper Rifle and Shotgun Damage

#1CruorComaPosted 2/14/2013 8:01:57 PM
This depends entirely on your taste when it comes violence, but how would you hope Sniper Rifles and Shotguns effect peds and enemies? A detailed depiction that shatters a skull into tiny little pieces? A flamboyant display involving the head being replaced by a shower of gore? A more low key approach that displays minimal gore, akin to IV? Or maybe something like RDR where entry and exit wounds are shown at the front and back of the head respectively?
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#2Mentalpatient87Posted 2/14/2013 10:43:33 PM
About Max Payne 3 style, with Undead Nightmare type head pops for extra-high caliber headshots.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#3angeldeath21Posted 2/14/2013 10:51:35 PM
Iunno about more gore, but definitely more forcefully. I want a ped or pig to have a reaction befitting that of taking a large round or a load of buckshot to the chest. When they have the same stumble pattern as that of a 9mm pistol round after taking a sniper shot to the torso, it doesn't make the weapon feel very powerful.

For instance...

A pistol / SMG round should certainly knock someone back or cause a moving ped / pig to fall or stumble or trip, with a bullet hole matching the type of pistol (smaller for the Glock, larger for the Desert Eagle, etc.)

An assault rifle round hitting the chest-up should knock someone down, but not as forcefully as a shotgun or sniper -- maybe a fall backwards, with a larger bullet hole.

A shotgun should blow someone in the air or onto the ground or something, with a cloud of blood quickly appearing then dissipating after impact (GTA IV does a nice job with the blood part), and maybe gib limbs at close range.

A sniper round should either gib a limb or, again, ground someone as soon as they're hit and render them immobile or just be a OSK. To balance this (in multiplayer, anyway) perhaps they could add a CoD-like sway to snipers while down-scope.

I don't necessarily want more violence or gore (though I wouldn't complain about it), but having peds or pigs react in the appropriate way to the strength of the weapon would be nice.
---
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."
#4kevin1515Posted 2/14/2013 11:30:10 PM
RDR did it right.
---
Boston Bruins
#5ViciousXl2Posted 2/15/2013 12:14:57 AM
Did you see Killing Them Softly?
Brad Pitt with the shotgun.

BOOM! Headshot.

I'd like it like that.

WARNING pretty graphic scene
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhjMYQ8TAlI

Check out 1:55.

Spoilers for the movie too
---
All the world will be your enemy. Troll with a thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will mod you. But first they must catch you
#6ninjaman148Posted 2/15/2013 12:50:17 AM
kevin1515 posted...
RDR did it right.

Yeah, shooting someone with a revolver and watching them drop their gun, stumble backwards, before falling back was pretty well-done. If you shot someone with a shotgun at point-blank range, they would fling backwards as a result.
---
Yo Buddy, Still Alive?
Rest In Peace - Our Beloved Dog Lukas (07-31-12) - Someday, We'll Meet Again On Rainbow Bridge
#7iomega311Posted 2/15/2013 8:44:02 PM
ninjaman148 posted...
kevin1515 posted...
RDR did it right.

Yeah, shooting someone with a revolver and watching them drop their gun, stumble backwards, before falling back was pretty well-done. If you shot someone with a shotgun at point-blank range, they would fling backwards as a result.

Not only that, there would be a nice exit wound for headshot victims.
---
More proof that committing actual violence inspires the playing of violent video games.
http://backloggery.com/iomega311
#8Flid MerchantPosted 2/16/2013 8:51:29 AM
I hope injuries have more realistic effects on people ie shooting someone a couple times will knock them to the floor but they still shoot at you from there.
#9SithtristenPosted 2/16/2013 11:42:36 AM
angeldeath21 posted...
perhaps they could add a CoD-like sway to snipers while down-scope.

I may be wrong, but I think I've noticed a slight sway in sniper scopes in IV.

Not nearly as much as COD,it seems, and it helps if you crouch, but there's just a tiny bit, enough to be noticeable.
---
You just got Sarge'd!
It's hard to fly with eagles if you're stuck working with a bunch of turkeys.
#10angeldeath21Posted 2/16/2013 11:57:00 AM
Sithtristen posted...
angeldeath21 posted...
perhaps they could add a CoD-like sway to snipers while down-scope.

I may be wrong, but I think I've noticed a slight sway in sniper scopes in IV.

Not nearly as much as COD,it seems, and it helps if you crouch, but there's just a tiny bit, enough to be noticeable.

Yeah, I just went back in and noticed it. It's basically negligible.
---
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."