This game really could appeal to both SA and GTA IV fans

#1hellfire582Posted 2/18/2013 12:12:40 PM
Some people I've seen seem to like GTA IV better because they thought the graphics were better, the story was more serious, and like various other things. I've always liked SA better because it had planes, a longer story, a much bigger and more diverse map, and more side-missions. Based on what you've seen about GTA V so far, do you think it's going to combine anything good about each game to make a game that more people will like?
#2ViciousXl2Posted 2/18/2013 12:28:28 PM
I'm one of those guys that loves all the GTAs (The Stories games were good, but didn't really capture the magic of their originals), but
I've been playing through San Andreas recently, and the second trailer really seems like V has captured SA's spirit again.
---
I've been blasting and laughing so long that even my mama thinks that my mind is gone
#3puffinslaughterPosted 2/18/2013 3:59:19 PM
I hope it does have features from both. Just not too much off the wall stuff like they put in SA. Or too much filler.
---
Kris Letang stat tracker ~ 3 Goals, 8 Assists, +4. Pittsburgh Penguins: 11-5
http://i49.tinypic.com/20l12ld.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#4dooyaunastanPosted 2/18/2013 4:05:11 PM
I don't see how anyone could pick between GTA's

They were all one of the greatest games of their time, 3, Vice City, San Andreas, IV, and I doubt V will be any different.
---
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
#5BardockpwnsjooPosted 2/18/2013 4:06:30 PM
One of the things it needs to take from SA is all the easter eggs. Remember the sites and the forums, all about hunting down the multitudes of Easter Eggs? It was like a treasure hunt for a cheap laugh.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?
#6art_of_the_killPosted 2/18/2013 10:24:12 PM
Bardockpwnsjoo posted...
One of the things it needs to take from SA is all the easter eggs. Remember the sites and the forums, all about hunting down the multitudes of Easter Eggs? It was like a treasure hunt for a cheap laugh.

And cheats. Let's face it, IV's cheats were crap.
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#7Offworlder1Posted 2/18/2013 10:44:19 PM
It kind of will but the SA fans will be and probably are pissed that its only the one city, property is gone, we know next to nothing about the customization options, and the fact they are not really doing SA justice by not having the full state which an older game could and theres no good reason they couldn't with GTA V.

GTA V will be better then GTA IV but it could still prove to be a lesser game then GTA:SA content wise. GTA:SA had everything for everyone but with GTA IV they got rid of what so many fans liked and after hearing the complaints fixed some of it with the DLC but are repeating the same mistakes or making new ones with half assing a return to SA.

If you return to San Andreas give the fans ALL of SA again, not parts or pieces and try BSing with additions to the parts you decide to use. Fans would have been fine with one city had they done Vice City again and the new additions would be a nice thing as VC could use expanding but not a tiny part of SA like they have shown so far.
---
"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice"
#8LordPonchoPosted 2/19/2013 12:41:23 AM
Offworlder1 posted...
It kind of will but the SA fans will be and probably are pissed that its only the one city, property is gone, we know next to nothing about the customization options, and the fact they are not really doing SA justice by not having the full state which an older game could and theres no good reason they couldn't with GTA V.

GTA V will be better then GTA IV but it could still prove to be a lesser game then GTA:SA content wise. GTA:SA had everything for everyone but with GTA IV they got rid of what so many fans liked and after hearing the complaints fixed some of it with the DLC but are repeating the same mistakes or making new ones with half assing a return to SA.

If you return to San Andreas give the fans ALL of SA again, not parts or pieces and try BSing with additions to the parts you decide to use. Fans would have been fine with one city had they done Vice City again and the new additions would be a nice thing as VC could use expanding but not a tiny part of SA like they have shown so far.

Oh god, the entitlement is killing me.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#9professor_choasPosted 2/19/2013 1:08:59 AM
Offworlder1 posted...

Lol "...tiny part of SA..."
---
They see me trollin, they hatin
#10BardockpwnsjooPosted 2/19/2013 3:08:31 AM
Offworlder1 posted...

Dude, I don't see the big deal. If the map is as large as they claim, the missing places are more than made up for. I doubt worldspace is going to be a problem in this game.
---
So, if you put an Oriental guy in a bowl, and spin it around, does he become disOriented?