PS4 coming Holiday 2013.

#1sal9e3sPosted 2/20/2013 6:29:38 PM
Anyone else wonder if R* should've waited to make this a launch title for next-gen consoles? I know this has been discussed over and over, but now that we know PS4 is releasing this year and likely the next Xbox, I feel it makes the question a little more relevant.

There have been rumors, for example, that Battlefield 4 will release for both generation consoles, I wonder if R* will do the same for GTA V. This will be a very interesting year for video games. I'm anxious to see how it'll all play out.
---
GT - Burrito Diablo
#2jazztronautPosted 2/20/2013 6:32:07 PM
No, rockstar make a wise decision by releasing a game on consoles that already have a huge built in consumer base.

And besides, all launch titles suck. Fact.
---
If you love your job, you'll never have to work a day in your life.
psn: jazztronaut
#3sal9e3s(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 6:34:49 PM
I'll rephrase. Would you like if R* released GTA V for next-gen consoles? I shouldn't have said "R* should've..." as it implies I know better than R*.
---
GT - Burrito Diablo
#4sal9e3s(Topic Creator)Posted 2/20/2013 6:35:29 PM
jazztronaut posted...
No, rockstar make a wise decision by releasing a game on consoles that already have a huge built in consumer base.

And besides, all launch titles suck. Fact.

True, true
---
GT - Burrito Diablo
#5mentallyfunny00Posted 2/20/2013 7:34:33 PM
I have a question are most of the next gen games that have been announced will they be launch titles? Like watch dogs, the new infamous game, and destiny.
---
Quack damn you!
#6Joe_CobbsPosted 2/20/2013 7:47:20 PM
Thanks for the info.

I'm glad they are going for the tried and true route. Most launch titles are a little wonky as they are learning the new style.
#7CruorComaPosted 2/20/2013 8:15:47 PM
Weren't Oblivion and Halo launch titles?
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#8deltamustang_65Posted 2/20/2013 8:41:36 PM
Welp, looks like I'm getting a PS4 in 2015.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#9Illumi_KnightPosted 2/20/2013 9:38:59 PM
CruorComa posted...

Oblivion, pretty much
Halo 3, no
#10LordPonchoPosted 2/20/2013 10:38:27 PM
CruorComa posted...

Oblivion was a second year title. Halo was in the third year.

And, as to answer the topic, Rockstar is doing the right thing. People would be much less willing to buy into the game if they had to purchase new hardware for it. And, in my honest opinion, the unveiling was very bland. There's very little that separates the PS4 from the notion of it's just a PS3.5. Social media, nothanx. Game streaming? Was supposed to kill PC gaming years ago and utterly failed, can't see it being any better utilized on consoles. It feels like Sony has lost touch with it's fanbase. Consoles used to be made to play games, and that's one thing that Nintendo continues to strive for, and a large reason why they're way ahead of the competition.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800