this game WILL be announced for next-gen comsoles.

#1dataDyneSoldierPosted 2/21/2013 9:10:13 AM
Argue with me if you want, but there is no way Rockstar will risk damaging its sales by releasing this game less than two months before the new consoles are due out. Not everyone is rich and many will likely be saving every penny for the new Xbox or Playstation 4. And then, what about the DLC expansions? And don't forget that the GTA games have quite the lasting appeal. The new consoles just coms out too soon after this game's scheduled release date.

I was right about the reason this game got delayed. A season pass has been announced for Bioshock Infinite which means DLC for roughly four months following release. So I understand WHY GTA5 was delayed, but it puts Rockstar in a very tough spot.

So what will Rockstar do? My guess is that in the near future they will announce that GTA5 will be released on schedule but with a better version of the game coming out the day the next gen consoles launch. They wouldn't completely upset their fanbase by making the game strictly for the new Xbox and PS4... would they? In that case, the game would likely be delayed until Spring 2014 so that it would could be upgraded properly.

I can't claim to know what will happen, but I do know that it would be a bad idea to release this game less than two months before we see the new consoles.
---
Anaheim Ducks 2013: 12-2-1
"Search him. Then I will kill you." - Bane
#2BIack_DynamitePosted 2/21/2013 9:36:49 AM
It's possible Rockstar could decide to transfer development to the new consoles, or they've probably already said to themselves that they'll save PS4 and 720 for GTA 6, like most of the other big franchise sequels.

There are still quite a few big games for PS3 and 360 still to come. And since everyone has one of these consoles, they are going to get GTA 5 for it before thinking of getting the next console.

Most will just wait a while to buy the new consoles because as always, they are pretty boring when they first come out and launch games are usually crap.
#3G-ZissPosted 2/21/2013 9:49:23 AM
If they do release a version for the new consoles, it won't be any different than the one for the current consoles. The only reason they would release a PS4/720 version is because those consoles come out shortly after GTA V does and they won't want to miss out on any sales from the people they know will be excited about their new systems.
#4LordPonchoPosted 2/21/2013 9:58:59 AM
San Andreas was released on Xbox just mere months before the 360 launched. We didn't see a 360 version, did we? It's not worth the budget or effort.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#5deltamustang_65Posted 2/21/2013 10:06:32 AM
I can't claim to know what will happen, but argue with me if you want.
---
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
PSN: DeltaMustang65 GT5 Garage:http://www.mygranturismo.net/25743
#6dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 10:12:22 AM
deltamustang_65 posted...

I don't know what will happen. I have an opinion, and I'm respecting the opinion of others. Not sure what you're getting at.
---
#7LordPonchoPosted 2/21/2013 10:15:11 AM
dataDyneSoldier posted...
deltamustang_65 posted...

I don't know what will happen. I have an opinion, and I'm respecting the opinion of others. Not sure what you're getting at.

He's getting at that you basically said you're right and anybody who argues is wrong. You didn't state it as an opinion.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#8dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 10:19:54 AM
LordPoncho posted...
San Andreas was released on Xbox just mere months before the 360 launched. We didn't see a 360 version, did we? It's not worth the budget or effort.

Very true but 360 and PS3 both had downloadable versions. At the very least, I expect to see that. However, the way I personally see this playing out is the game will be released on schedule with next-gen version coming out early 2014 with polished visuals and the DLC will come free.
---
#9Wolf_J_FlywheelPosted 2/21/2013 10:42:39 AM
with in one week of release they will sell millions and millions of copies. there will be no next gen console for months after release... how is this a problem for Rockstar?
---
NRA member and 2nd Amendment supporter
http://anongallery.org/img/7/8/cruisin-booty.gif
#10angeldeath21Posted 2/21/2013 10:49:15 AM
What would be more foolish is having the 720, or whatever it's gonna be called, not be backwards compatible. Regardless of original release platform, the next Xbox should be able to play games from the original and the 360. And GTA V will sell millions whether it's launched for the new platforms initially or a few months down the road, so I really don't think it'll be a big deal. The PS4 could be another story, though...
---
"All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu."