this game WILL be announced for next-gen comsoles.

#11nativenginePosted 2/21/2013 11:51:21 AM
I honestly don't see how this is a problem for Rockstar. Most games sell the bulk of their units within the first month. They'll have a few months between release of the game and release of new consoles, so why wouldn't they release the game on current gen, when there's literally 10's of millions of PS3s and 360s out right now? I just don't see why they would bone themselves outta millions of sales just to release on a new console.
---
Vegetarian- an old Indian word meaning bad hunter
Elected Leader of the GTA5 360 board
#12dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 1:00:57 PM
The Playstation 4 is officially NOT backward compatible. Interesting...
---
Anaheim Ducks 2013: 12-2-1
"Search him. Then I will kill you." - Bane
#13puffinslaughterPosted 2/21/2013 1:28:54 PM
ITT people would rather spend $400 on a game system than $60 for a game played on a system they already bought and have.

You act like as soon as the new consoles come out they'll stop making games completely for the 360 and PS3.
---
Kris Letang stat tracker ~ 3 Goals, 9 Assists, +5. Pittsburgh Penguins: 11-6
http://i49.tinypic.com/20l12ld.png ~grape_purple ^_^
#14Dave_GahanPosted 2/21/2013 3:19:01 PM
dataDyneSoldier posted...

I don't understand why you would do this. Is it really that much harder to make a console backward compatible?
---
2012 AFC SOUTH DIVISION CHAMPIONS
HOUSTON TEXANS: (12-4)
#15Mentalpatient87Posted 2/21/2013 3:19:29 PM
puffinslaughter posted...
ITT people would rather spend $400 on a game system than $60 for a game played on a system they already bought and have.

Actually, I'd rather pay about $50 on Steam and play it on my PC.
---
"Star bringing purple! Star bringing yorbel! STOP BRINGING YORBEL! STOP RINGING YOUR BELL!"
#16LordPonchoPosted 2/21/2013 6:13:31 PM(edited)
dataDyneSoldier posted...

Not true. They're using a streaming system for backwards compatibility. My guess is the disc will be inserted and the streaming system pulls whatever game it is off that and streams it. They said "every PS1, PS2, PS3 game can be streamed."

Correction. I suppose this isn't entirely BC. But what they stated with Gaikai seems to be a bit misleading concerning the statement released today.

Oh well. Sony isn't exactly the smartest when it comes to console design.
---
"lol der was a shdow on my carpet but ti looked like a stane and tried to clen it up but ti was a shadoow" -Ghost4800
#17holden4everPosted 2/21/2013 6:53:16 PM
San Andreas was released on Xbox just mere months before the 360 launched. We didn't see a 360 version, did we? It's not worth the budget or effort.

I won't be surprised if they do though.
---
http://thebulldogs.com.au/media/logo_2010.png - 2012 NRL Season: Minor Premiers. Grand Final runners-up. Bring on 2013.
#18dataDyneSoldier(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 8:17:03 PM(edited)
Some people do sell their current gen consoles when they pick up the new one.

I don't know. I just feel like GTAV's current release date is going to hurt its sales unless Rockstar puts it out on PS4/720(?). I could be wrong, but I called out Bioshock causing the delay since the Spring release was first announced and saw it playing out this way. I hope I'm wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Rockstar hold back on releasing this game until the next-gen hype wears off (early 2014) with the game being released on both current and next gen consoles. I know I'm going back and forth a little, but the one thing I will firmly stand my ground on is that before September 17 there will be an announcement of a next-gen version.

As far as San Andreas arriving so soon before Xbox 360, keep in mind the game sold more on PS2 and then the PS3 wasn't launched until way further down the line. A lot of people had more than a couple mere months to play it before spending hundreds of dollars on new consoles. This time around both consoles will (most likely) be released nearly right after this game launches. If I'm saving $500 for the new console, I would think twice about buying a game I would normally purchase. And I'm sure quite a few people feel the same way. Rockstar either needs to release the game sooner (won't happen), release the game on schedule with promise of a next-gen version, or delay the game until early 2014 with a current and next-gen version being released simultaneously.

This is all my opinion, of course.
---
Anaheim Ducks 2013: 12-2-1
"Search him. Then I will kill you." - Bane
#19CruorComaPosted 2/22/2013 1:20:46 AM(edited)
Frankly, if you're someone to buy a new console on launch, then that 60 or so bucks you spent on a game months before shouldn't be missed. If you need to hoard such little money for such a length of time you should have other priorities. Like studying or getting a better job.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leech off the creativity of those you condemn?
#20GodsHamsterPosted 2/22/2013 3:37:29 AM
There is a lot of sense posted here. Does seem a bit odd releasing so soon (before or after the PS4 depending where you live, EU prob get PS4 in March?)

regardless, PS4 and the new Xbox are day 1 purchases for me, but would I want to play GTA 5 on a PS3? well yes I would. However, alot of people will be trading in there PS3 to get a PS4. I doubt i'll play GTA 5 as much, since i'll have the new shiney PS4. With DLC released a few months later, I know for sure I will not bother with the DLC. I'll be busy with my PS4.
---
I hate people who take drugs......Customs men for example.